A Cache Buried Below My House - Page 12
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Like Tree468Likes

Thread: A Cache Buried Below My House

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    Equinox 800
    34087 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Ditto........I think most replies were for your safety and the safety of your Home.. I really hope you do find treasure that would be great.. Just be smart about it are you even putting any kind of support on the walls of the hole your digging Im not sure how to do that but I know miners did things like that..and you should at this point have someone there when you go down to get dirt in case of a cave in....Good luck Tommy
    Hobbs. and sprailroad like this.

Approved TreasureNet Stickers

.:: $3.00 for 11" X 3" Bumper Sticker ::. I have 324 left PM me if you would like to buy any Tommy

(Free Shipping)

SEE: TreasureNet Bumper Stickers

us
    Jan 2013
    SouthwestVirginia
    962 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Could you post new photos of the hole? I'm curious how deep it is now and what it looks like. There's caves here where I live and always thought it would be neat to dig down in the basement to the caves and have a hidden trap door placed in the basement. Would make a nice place to get away from everyone now and then. lol
    Hobbs. and A2coins like this.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    472 times
    Quote Originally Posted by A2coins View Post
    Ditto........I think most replies were for your safety and the safety of your Home.. I really hope you do find treasure that would be great.. Just be smart about it are you even putting any kind of support on the walls of the hole your digging Im not sure how to do that but I know miners did things like that..and you should at this point have someone there when you go down to get dirt in case of a cave in....
    "With jacks and timbers they started back down
    Then came that rumble way down in the ground
    And then smoke and gas belched out of that mine
    Everybody knew it was the end of the line for Big John..."

Quote Originally Posted by Worm-Slicer View Post
    There's caves here where I live and always thought it would be neat to dig down in the basement to the caves and have a hidden trap door placed in the basement. Would make a nice place to get away from everyone now and then. lol
    Literally, a "man cave". I'm down for the struggle...

...just don't let the property tax assessor know about it. Who knows how much they would raise your assessment if you had direct access to caves on your property. That could be tens of thousands of additional square feet they could tack on. They might even label it an improvement, especially if there is running water down there.
    Hobbs., wilcam47, A2coins and 2 others like this.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    335 times
    Yes, pics please! They'll really help us to visualize and should only take literally 3 shots and a couple of minutes worth of work (which compared to your hole dig time and even your post(s) time, is a drop in the ocean):

1. A picture of the dump pile, which at this point should be about 12 cubic yards or 24,000lbs (12 tons). (based on your self reported 3x3x35 hole)

2. A picture of the hole itself

3. A picture of the basement its in
    A2coins likes this.

Apr 2017
    Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2 Nokta pinpointer
    1513 times
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    Yes, pics please! They'll really help us to visualize and should only take literally 3 shots and a couple of minutes worth of work (which compared to your hole dig time and even your post(s) time, is a drop in the ocean):

1. A picture of the dump pile, which at this point should be about 12 cubic yards or 24,000lbs (12 tons). (based on your self reported 3x3x35 hole)

2. A picture of the hole itself

3. A picture of the basement its in
    And a picture of your crack pipe

Chub
    A2coins and LouMiller like this.

Sep 2017
    433 times
    tseek7,
    Thanks for telling everyone your hole story, just be certain you don't tell anyone your whole story.
    WH
    Toecutter and A2coins like this.

us
    nomad roman numeral 2

Nov 2009
    nomads land
    any tector i can get my hands on
    2227 times
    delusions of grandeur ? i hope ? could be ? maybe ? we'll see ?
    A2coins and LouMiller like this.

us
    Having the time of my life!

Sep 2008
    Cincinnati
    870 times
    When I was in college in the early 70s I worked for an exterminator, we drilled(I the young guy) holes in peoples basements, foundations, etc. pumped chlordane in it, actually was covered with it all the time. I was 18 then and am 67 now so I wouldn't worry about the chemical. The sulfur like smell could be the water itself, lots of iron rich water has a sulfur smell it ...dip out some of the water, put it into a sealable container, take the water out side, put it in a metal bucket and see if you can get it to burn on top....you might have to use a propane torch...you may have to let is set a day or two. let us know what you find. Sounds plausible. the smell could also be rotten vegetable matter...like wooden boxes that the water caused to rot.
    A2coins and Reed Lukens like this.
    Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death I will fear no evil for thou art with me.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links