A Cache Buried Below My House - Page 14
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree653Likes

Thread: A Cache Buried Below My House

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    22019 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Caches View Post
    The OP says a picture of the dump pile or supposed basement would reveal too much information about the location of the dig site. Certain individuals who have been to the location could potentially spot features in the photos and become aware of the OP's activities. The OP has little trust for anyone, even members of his own family, regarding such matters.

The OP had planned to take new photos of the hole anyway and will provide them to be posted when they become available.
    May the O.P. shrug off any negative thoughts from skeptics. Always skeptics in any endeavor...Let it be water off a ducks back.
    And be safe. (Wanting the o.p. to be safe is not meant to be skeptical.)

Such a hole is intriguing to some one who'll not descend into even near such depth anymore.
    Then there are the findings along the way.

An update down the road , regardless of how far ; is up to the digger. But would of course be interesting. As they all have been regardless of responses.Including my own.

us
    Jan 2011
    4511 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    The OP says a picture of the dump pile or supposed basement would reveal too much information about the location of the dig site. Certain individuals who have been to the location could potentially spot features in the photos and become aware of the OP's activities. The OP has little trust for anyone, even members of his own family, regarding such matters.

The OP had planned to take new photos of the hole anyway and will provide them to be posted when they become available.
    Do you know if the OP thinks it was done by a very Ancient culture ?

us
    Mar 2020
    70 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dog, the treasure hunter View Post
    Do you know if the OP thinks it was done by a very Ancient culture ?
    He doesn't believe the cache to be ancient. But it is hard to say conclusively yes or no. Possibly

us
    Mar 2020
    70 times
    Cache Hunting

Only the corner of the object will be unearthed because at 33 ft the hole continued down only on 1/2 side and there are barriers on the surface which prevented excavation from directly above the target location. The full dimensions of the object are a 1 x 2 ft rectangle. The OP believes the small pocket of stones could have been placed to re-center the hole which could have been thrown off while digging so deeply for an object of this size or while being forced in various directions in order to breach the boulder layer.

Charter Member
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    6312 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Natural stone !
    wilcam47 likes this.
    I`v been detecting for 51 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    [video=youtube;yqdSl2jFjlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE[/video
    WE THE PEOPLE

us
    TunaTonker

Nov 2016
    Whites, Garrett, Minelab
    555 times
    All consistent with being natural stones, the smoothness of some of them show they've been worked by nature, likely in a creek bed or glacial deposits. The layers in the video also don't appear to be man placed, the layering is consistent with natural formation.
    Last edited by GoDeep; Mar 26, 2020 at 11:17 AM.
    Jason in Enid and wilcam47 like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    8757 times
    Tell the OP Best of luck for me. Thanks!
    Caches likes this.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Silver Fiend

Oct 2009
    8886 times
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Tell the OP Best of luck for me. Thanks!
    I think you just did, this new person is obviously the OP with a second account
    wilcam47 likes this.
    You can follow me in other places.
    My Blog
    My YouTube
    My Twitter
    My Instagram
    My Facebook

us
    Mar 2020
    70 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    All consistent with being natural stones, the smoothness of some of them show they've been worked by nature, likely in a creek bed or glacial deposits. The layers in the video also don't appear to be man placed, the layering is consistent with natural formation.
    From what we were told by someone who has some expertise on the matter, if the stones were formed by man you can look closely and see thin parallel lines going across the smooth surfaces of the stones. They are the result of someone filing the stones down by hand using either another stone or some kind of tool. Nature is much more subtle and leaves perfectly smooth surfaces over long periods of time. Let's see if we can get a photo of the lines.

us
    Mar 2020
    70 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDeep View Post
    And you could be right about the layering but let's see... Maximum depth is 65 ft anyway. Regardless if anything is here or not. I agree everything has a natural look to it. But that makes sense because its all natural material. We still found it interesting for there to be a layer of smaller stones that measures 2 ft thick all the way around just below those boulders. It looks like a placed foundation to me. I could be wrong. We'll see
    Last edited by Caches; Mar 26, 2020 at 07:17 PM.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox 800 / XP Deus
    8757 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid View Post
    I think you just did, this new person is obviously the OP with a second account
    Thanks Jason, I kinda figured that.

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    540 times
    Nature is much more subtle and leaves perfectly smooth surfaces over long periods of time. Let's see if we can get a photo of the lines.
    That's not necessarily true. Nature leaves surfaces that are consistent with the type of material that makes up the stones and how they were formed. The majority of those stones look like they are made up of small particles that were compressed together by great forces over long periods of time. In other words, they look like sedimentary rocks that were laid down by water and formed by the weight of subsequent layers of more material deposited on top. From the pictures posted, they look like mudrocks. The features are there because the lower layers hardened at different rates, causing folds and creases as the material above pressed against them. As Wikipedia is generally accurate for topics dealing with the hard sciences, check out Sedimentary rocks, and their classifications. You can also check out Igneous rocks for comparison. But from what is posted so far, nothing looks like it was worked by human hands to me. That's why I believe you can gain lot's of knowledge and save lot's of time by having any university geologist take a look at them, and you don't even have to tell him/her where you found them or what you were doing. But it is nice to see the booty rock make a comeback in the pictures...
    Last edited by MiddenMonster; Mar 26, 2020 at 10:37 PM.
    wilcam47 likes this.
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

us
    Mar 2020
    70 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by MiddenMonster View Post
    That's not necessarily true. Nature leaves surfaces that are consistent with the type of material that makes up the stones and how they were formed. The majority of those stones look like they are made up of small particles that were compressed together by great forces over long periods of time. In other words, they look like sedimentary rocks that were laid down by water and formed by the weight of subsequent layers of more material deposited on top. From the pictures posted, they look like mudrocks. The features are there because the lower layers hardened at different rates, causing folds and creases as the material above pressed against them. As Wikipedia is generally accurate for topics dealing with the hard sciences, check out Sedimentary rocks, and their classifications. You can also check out Igneous rocks for comparison. But from what is posted so far, nothing looks like it was worked by human hands to me. That's why I believe you can gain lot's of knowledge and save lot's of time by having any university geologist take a look at them, and you don't even have to tell him/her where you found them or what you were doing. But it is nice to see the booty rock make a comeback in the pictures...
    Interesting analysis and you could very well be right. We are going to see anyway. Onward to 65 ft. The heart and diamond were found right beside each other. If there isn't anything below them then there could be something nearby. I should have taken note of where the heart was pointing because it was not pointing down. It was laying on its face. Newbie mistake. Oh well

But there were really good signs unearthed deep below the heart and diamond. These signs are really nice and authentic looking but yes I can't be so stubborn to deny there is a possibility they are all natural. The black box/cube marker found at 33 ft is fantastic. It popped out from right above the target location too. We're going to see...
    Last edited by Caches; Mar 26, 2020 at 11:42 PM.

us
    Mar 2020
    70 times
    Cache Hunting

Found at 33 ft depth. Right over the target location. The type of stone is the same as the others you see in the photos above. Why is this one colored black?
    Last edited by Caches; Mar 26, 2020 at 11:31 PM.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links