Treasure hunting 16th century style.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The belief in finding lost treasure goes back into the mist of time.

The following excerpt below is great example of the mindset of everyday people back in 16th century of ignorance and superstition.

The book "Book of Magical Charms" is a early 16th century book by two unknown authors one writing in Latin and other in old English. Dated of book is between 1600 -and 1650. ( There was reason why the Authors are unknown if they was found out they would of been burned at the stake for witchcraft. ) Such was the belief in power of magic back then. That magic could be used to find treasure.

A true Experiment for Treasure hid or for any thing you would know.

Go to the grave of a dead body, and 3. tymes call him by his proper name Then put thy hed to the Grave and say I conjure thee calling him by his name by Azazel Asiel which is Lord and hath the bones of dead men in keeping in his power; that thou ask licence of him to com to me this night at the houre of two: and that thou tell me the Truth of any thing that I shall desire or ask of thee. Then take the earth of the grave at the hed of the dead and put it in a cleane linen cloth and bynd it and lay it under thy bed in thy cap and sleep thereon. And in the night thou shalt dreame: and one shall com to thee and say the truth of all that thou canst demand.

case_ms_5017_027_o2 (1).jpg

Gee I wonder if some numbnut will try this....:laughing7:

I could imagine what the wife's reaction would be? Hi honey I am just going to put this dead mans soil under our bed so I can ask this spirit where to find treasure? I imagine I'd be sleeping in the doghouse with dirt and all :laughing7:

Or a good excuse to go metal detecting? Telling the wife I can detect or try the old fashioned way? :laughing7:

Kanacki

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread