Galveston Island Treasure

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Is there anyone who wants to check for a treasure in Galvestone Island. I'll show him the exact spot on the beach. I take 25%.

OK, I'll bite. What's the catch? I live close enough to Galveston to check it out if it's worth it. Without giving away all your secrets, what's the treasure? Why don't you get it yourself? Why do you only want 25%? Did you know that those beaches are constantly maintained, with sand being dumped on them to keep them maintained?

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there anyone who wants to check for a treasure in Galvestone Island. I'll show him the exact spot on the beach. I take 25%.

25% of what ???

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .:hello2:

OP
OP
BZN-es

BZN-es

Jan 25, 2020
Zaragoza
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I'll bite. What's the catch? I live close enough to Galveston to check it out if it's worth it. Without giving away all your secrets, what's the treasure? Why don't you get it yourself? Why do you only want 25%? Did you know that those beaches are constantly maintained, with sand being dumped on them to keep them maintained?

I live in Zaragoza, Spain and do not know when I will visit the United States. 25% because my search costs are lower. There is no catch. I'm sending you a photo of Google Earth with the exact location, you are asked to check it out. I risk more when you find it.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
I live in Zaragoza, Spain and do not know when I will visit the United States. 25% because my search costs are lower. There is no catch. I'm sending you a photo of Google Earth with the exact location, you are asked to check it out. I risk more when you find it.

OK, but just so you know, Galveston Island is a very popular tourist spot, and in about a month it is going to be completely covered by drunken college students on Spring Break.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a cool treasure hunt

OP
OP
BZN-es

BZN-es

Jan 25, 2020
Zaragoza
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Galvestone Island Treasure.jpg

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Given the history of the area there may well be treasure there. But I see two problems. First, the beaches are state property so it would be illegal to put the snag to it. Second, those beaches are regularly maintained by the state putting sand on them. What was once Galveston beach front when the treasure was buried could be under water now, or even under parking lot depending on which way the beaches have moved. And who know how deep down it might be buried. I think it would take some very serious research to find out where it could be, and there is a heck of a lot of beach to investigate.

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were rumors of a ship wreck in the channel that had silver bars on it. And then there is Singer's Treasure buried there during the Civil War. But yeah state Beaches are a no no, also are the National Sea Shore. I think the only place you can detect is the county park by Bob Hall Pier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread