Ideas on the meaning of this sign

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can see these marks are not to large. Probably the 5 means silver, but what baffles me is the cross or sword above the five. These sign are about 20 yards downhill from the base of a mesa. What seems to throw it off is the 2 arms of the cross are not across from each other FB_IMG_1584987628390.jpg

OP
OP
Ecominer

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini III; Garrett Master Hunter;2009 Minelab Explorer SE Pro; Quantro Discovery Land Tone Magetometer 1A;
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also can't figure what the R stands for. Right is derecho in Spanish.

Caches

Mar 11, 2020
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Maybe the "R" isn't an R. It looks like it could be an alligator head or some other carnivorous animal. What are the compass points on this carving? The "cross" could actually be an illustration of a tunnel. Perhaps describing how if you go Left "into the alligator's mouth" there is danger or even death. But go right and you will find your Silver(?). Or perhaps go right and the take a left down the tunnel, following the path illlustrated. Just an idea.

OP
OP
Ecominer

Ecominer

Banned
Mar 20, 2003
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I now think the R is an A. The long leg on the left is the leg to follow. I don't know why I never thought of that before.

Now if that is true, the reason the long arm on the cross is on the bottom, means to look down on the left, which is the same as the long leg on the left of the letter A.

How many years have I been looking at that and never thought of it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread