Newbie....rock markers

LightTwixt

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm rather new to treasure hunting...only a year or so in earnest. (So please be kind!)
On rented agricultural land here in Virginia, I found a noticeably unique rock under a large tree. It seemed out of place, as it was nearly perfectly round and was 3/4 of a mile from the nearest river. It was along a fence line between two old plantations. Could this rock be a marker?

SpanishTHunter

Feb 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm rather new to treasure hunting...only a year or so in earnest. (So please be kind!)
On rented agricultural land here in Virginia, I found a noticeably unique rock under a large tree. It seemed out of place, as it was nearly perfectly round and was 3/4 of a mile from the nearest river. It was along a fence line between two old plantations. Could this rock be a marker?

Post a photo

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA

It always "could be" a marker for treasure. But I think the biggest clue is hiding in plain sight with your own words: "It was along a fence line between two old plantations." I'd say the most logical explanation is that the rock was a marker for the property line at some point. Occam's Razor, baby!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard LightTwixt! Take a look at Forum: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

photo_camera.gif
2nd - A picture(s) is worth a zillion words! If you are having problems posting pictures - take a look at: How to post pictures with your story...

OP
OP
L

LightTwixt

Tenderfoot
Jun 17, 2020
Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will try to get a photo of it soon...although a quick look at it didn't reveal any telltale markings on the stone

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread