Cache BOLO: Yep, we got a stolen cache out there...

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
This is actually a sad story. The owner of The Prospector Shop in Helena, Montana suffered a break-in that resulted in an entire case of gold nuggets being stolen, some of which he describes as "rare gold". There's a reward for the return, so if you live in Montana keep your senses tuned. This was a low down dirty stinking crime. Article link with video below:

Prospector Shop in Helena asks for help finding stolen gold

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best of luck to the owner, but, I live in Connecticut and I do not believe the gold will find it way up here.

OP
OP
MiddenMonster

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
The best of luck to the owner, but, I live in Connecticut and I do not believe the gold will find it way up here.

My guess is that unless gold nuggets can have the equivalent of numismatic value like coins, they have already been melted down. If they can have value beyond their weight, then that is about the only way the thieves will be caught. Well, that and their desire to impress some chicks after several beers. And I'm guessing that the heist is too hot to fence in Montana, being gold country and all, so I also wouldn't be surprised if it does end up in Connecticut where no one would suspect it. Probably not at a rock and mineral show, though. I think that's a pretty tight crowd that has already heard the news about the theft.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread