DRUG DEALERS PROPERTY

achillies

Tenderfoot
Jan 21, 2005
Well Ill give you the cliff notes version......
Afriend of mine got 1000 acres from the government in a silent auction. It was taken by the government from a drug dealer that owned it since the early eighties. the drug lord was from california and bought the property for his use(he would only fly out to missouri to visit the property 2 or 3 times a year. there are no buildings except for a house that was torn down in 93. he had a guy that lived there specifically to watch the land and during this time several local people "disapeered" after having buisness contacts with this man. i know the local sheriff pretty well and he said hes sure there is money , guns, and corpses on this property. they couldnt find them because of the size of the land. i have permission from the owner to hunt this land. where should i start? 1000 acres is alot of land. there is also a lost cemetary on the property where the headstones were removed . ive narrowed the hunt for the cemetary to a plot of 40 acres...........any ideas???????? anyone in missouri willing to help? this is NOT a one man job!!!!!!

swizzle

May 3, 2003
upstate ny
1000 acrea's is to much. I'm thinking that it wouldn't be far from any main roads. Drive around the property and look for any trails going in, foot paths, dirt roads, four wheeler tracks. I would also look for bodies of water on the property and check out sites with updated satelite imagery for any signs of temporary camps and new clearings and compare those images with terraserver, which usually has images 10 to 15 yrs old and maybe you'll see an area of activity that could help narrow down your search even more. Maybe even look into treasure sniffing doggies. Swiz

N

NC Barefoot2

WOW! You got a JOB! I agree with the others but I also have a theory of my own. Since the cemetary is on the same tract of land, don't overlook that area as well. Who knows, they might of thought that that would be the "last" place on earth for someone to look for something. Assuming that there is no law against researching that area as well. Best of everything and let us know what happens as days go by.

F

Floater

Hec Achilles sounds like a stop on the old vacation trail for me. Is there any hotels nearby and whats the closet airport and no I'm not landing on the dealers strip. Sounds like a blast. How much time ya got .PM me and give me some details. Later.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dead men tell no tales,dig up some graves.a bone yard is a great place to hide something,look for concete crypts or coffins an if you find something let me know an ill tell you where you can send my 10% ::)

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
To all concerned:
"A 1000acs isn't much land!"
Consider;
one ac = 43,000 sq ft!
640 ac in one "section" of land
One section of land is a mile square!
SO!
The 1000 acs is equal to roughly 43,ooo,ooo !
43 MILLION Square feet!
In my books, that's alot of land to be searching!

A

another _novice

I can imagine bodies, and I can imagine guns.? But I can't imagine money being hidden there for a couple of reasons.? 1) the owner would never trust someone to stay there alone with his money.? 2) Money is used, not buried.? It's kept in circulation to buy things, like product and influence.

But that's just my 2 cents.? I've never dealt drugs so I'm just guessing.

Just an addendum - I'd watch out for used needles. We don't know what the guy who was watching the property did to pass the time, but chances are, if he shot up, he wouldn't leave the needles out where they could be seen.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
What part of Missouri? I am heading that way in a couple of weeks for the weekend.. Do you have a GPS location?

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'd be looking maybe towards unusual landmarks as we're talking about 1 1/2 sq. mi. Possibly near a ravine would be another possible area to check out. You have to think like a drug dealer-not that I would have a clue, but even on that much land, he would still prefer to do things in secret. They don't want to be seen doing the deed so probably in areas that can't be seen from most vantage points. Just my 2 cents.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
jk:
IMAGINE IT!
I have personal knowledge of a drug dealer in NM.
He would bury money, in wooden boxes!
He knew about MDs!? :D
He was into Treasure Hunting! (In his spare time)
He would bury money in different places around that part of the State!
WhY! EASY!
Because if he were ever and it happened several times, RAIDED!
He had his "Stashed Money"? ?::)? to live on!
I saw one box!
If it contained $50-100 bills, I'd say that there was a few hundred thousand in it!
If you doubt this,
TRY! (Research Public records/newspaper!)
Back in, about 2000, there was a raid on a Drug Dealer in Deming, NM.
Not! He's NOT! The one that! I am talking about!
Guess? ????? what they found buried in his back yard?? ?::)
? :P? $600,000 ! ? ?:P
Think that MAYBE!, there is/was more buried else where?? ::)

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Cpt Bill,

FWIW

I remember (vaguely) ;D back in the late 70s and early 80s when I was partying a LOT.. Hanging with a couple dealers in the Denver area. If they trust you, it is always with one degree of separation. One of the dealers did not keep his stash on his home place. But he did keep his ready cash fairly close. Some guys once they get up the food chain a ways are really paranoid, Part of the insanity of Cocaine use. I'd be inclined to think the stashes would be at a portion of the property that would in all likelihood be missed on a search but be fairly easy to get to. (Dealers are generally a lazy bunch)

That being said, look for culverts at the periphery of the property and dig around a bit, Look around larger trees. If a dealer uses his own product he doesn't want to forget where he put his stash. So in all likelihood it wouldn't be buried in the middle of the 1000 acres without a benchmark of some type.

Just a thought.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Neb....Dad:
This NM Supplier that I knew, was into the smuggling of the drugs over the Border!
He used either, a DC-3, Beechcraft twin engine, or his Swift 125 !
He also had a Bell Helicopter!
His kids all drove Lincolns to High School!
He was the Main Distrbuter/Supplier for that part, Ariz. NV.,CA., NM., Co. Utah,TX., of the U.S.!
Although, no longer in the business ?, he is alive and living in ........ (Class'..Info)!
Although, his # 2, (A former U.S. Border Patrol,? Lt.,? is dead!
He Did not hide or stash his drugs anywhere!
AND! He was smart enough not to use any!
I knew him for about five years (5) !?

C

cachenut

Well, lots to talk about.

Any heavy equipment abandoned there. If so they might have dug with it and your cache will be deep.

Why do people bury stuff. To keep it safe and to dig it up later.

So the caches are usually handy and not deep. Good for quick getaway.

Close to where he might dig it up and drive out with it in an hour or over close to a place where a plane might land.

Not visible from the road or from the house.

In a small gully perhaps or someplace out of sight of most other places. Look for this spot. Close to house or airstrip or road, out of sight of house and roads, hidden from surrounding ground. caches not deep.

Most caches are found under house or porch or in barn or in pig sty or in chicken coop.

Likely if there is something there it is watched and if you find it they will "ask" for it back one day. Or else shoot you when you find it or try to dig it up. or when you are out looking for it.

When anything is buried the ground is very disturbed. You could hire an expert tracker to find where things were buried on the property. I think this is your best bet. Like one of those Indians that work for the FBI to track people.

Or you could just walk the entire property looking and hope to see it yourself as in a flat spot or tracks leading to nowhere or trash left out in nowhere or vegetation damage. I'd take a land mine detector along just in case and to find the right spot. Or if you find it to check it out.

You could just ask the DEA or FBI if they searched and what they found.
Mention explosives you might be afraid of and did they search for drugs and money. The big meany might come back for it and you want to be safe.

You could get a drug dog to search. They no doubt handled the money after they used cocaine. So the scent would be there and they might have buried some coke w the dough.

Would infrared photos of the property help?. I do not know. Roads show up as dark lines after years of use cause the soil is compacted and gives off heat less than surrounding areas. Supposedly just before dawn old ancient roads appear in the photos as black winding lines. They found many early American Indian trails this way. And also trails on isolated islands. Deer will use the same trails for centuries. There was some sort of magazine articles on this technique a few years ago.

Just look.

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hire you a plane for a couple of hours, go early in the morning and late in the afternoon you will be surprised what you can pick up from the air and its not that expensive. I have used it in the west with great results especially in Wyoming and Nevada, found a cabin with contents from 1926 and a Studebaker wagon in another spot, have the pilot fly low-slow and criss-cross your area.

nebraskadad

Jan 8, 2005
Got to think one can get aerial orthoimagery of most places in the continential US via the USGS mapping server.

Not quite sure how helpful it'd be, I'd overlay any aerial / ortho over a topo so I could orient myself a bit.

Check out the LandSAT7 imagery of the "area' of concern. Under Orthoimagery, they have the topos, and aerial photos there too.

Also check out the national mapper for topos and aerial photo imagery
http://nmviewogc.cr.usgs.gov/viewer.htm

fivemile

Apr 2, 2005
In Response to Drug Dealers Property: ?I have a similar lead dealing with a drug dealers stash in the Kansas City area. ?The area is somewhat smaller and I know how the money was secured. ?I also have experience in counterdrug operations and the most common method used to hide money is to place it in used ammo cans or converting the paper money to gold coins. ?In an area of a thousand acres, the most effective way to locate a possible hiding place would be to first obtain aerial photographs and start a search using that. ?There are some companies that will do an aerial search by using SLAR and various filters that will indicate possible locations. ?The graveyard would be easy to find using that method. ?
FIVEMILE

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
I'll be back intown in 1 week, I'll let you know if I can come up ,1000 acres aint that much really. Do you know where drug dealer was from? and any history on him at all? I can bring treasure sniffin dog, he's a big help
Dano

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
fivemile:
You know of course!
That either a .30 cal or a .50 cal metal ammo can makes for a great!
MD target!
I would say, it it is detectable to around 6 foot and deeper!
As to changing the paper money into gold coins!
They would have a heck! of a time,?
Trying to spend a gold coin anywhere except a bank or coin dealer!
Again, They make a great MD target TOO!
As I mentioned, these people, the "higher echelon" any way, are very knowledgeable!
My NM (Main Not! The Street type)) Drug Supplier, was a TH'er before getting into Drug Running!
AND !
As I mentioned in my post, he buried his paper money in wooden boxes, w/no nails !
As would, you or I!

Desertdigger

Jul 15, 2004
Wickenberg , AZ
Detector(s) used
CTX3030,Tesoro Lobo ST, Gold Bug ,Minelab probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As regards using the airplane to search I am talking about much lower levels than you can get off the internet. More like 100 or so feet and use the sun to pick up features that will stand out where the ground has been disturbed. You can see where a hole 2 feet in diameter has been dug for years from 100 feet overhead. I have spotted foundations that did not show up in any images on the internet. Next best thing to infrared. Also internet images are some times altered by our big father in Washington, DC.

A

another _novice

cptbil:

I hope my imagination isn't stunted, but I've had a lot of contact with drug dealers in my job and got to know a lot of them once they were in prison for long periods of time. I can only give you the benefit of my experience. The ones who talk are lower level people who are full of it. The ones who are serious, don't talk.

Again, just my 2 cents.

cptbil said:
jk:
IMAGINE IT!
I have personal knowledge of a drug dealer in NM.
He would bury money, in wooden boxes!
He knew about MDs!? :D
He was into Treasure Hunting! (In his spare time)
He would bury money in different places around that part of the State!
WhY! EASY!
Because if he were ever and it happened several times, RAIDED!
He had his "Stashed Money"? ?::)? to live on!
I saw one box!
If it contained $50-100 bills, I'd say that there was a few hundred thousand in it!
If you doubt this,
TRY! (Research Public records/newspaper!)
Back in, about 2000, there was a raid on a Drug Dealer in Deming, NM.
Not! He's NOT! The one that! I am talking about!
Guess? ????? what they found buried in his back yard?? ?::)
? :P? $600,000 ! ? ?:P
Think that MAYBE!, there is/was more buried else where?? ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread