Man Pleads Guilty To Fenn/Yellowstone Digging; Faces 12 In Stir
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Man Pleads Guilty To Fenn/Yellowstone Digging; Faces 12 In Stir

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    757 times

Man Pleads Guilty To Fenn/Yellowstone Digging; Faces 12 In Stir

They say he caused "more than $1,000 worth of damages". I'm not disputing that he caused damage, but $1,000 doesn't seem like much in the scheme of things. They could calculate that by sending a crew of 5 people out to fill in some holes and totaling their wages, fuel costs along with wear and tear on the vehicles and the time costs in filling out the paperwork plus creating the press release for their website. Now he faces 12 years in prison and $270,000 in fines. Sucks to be him...

Treasure Hunter Pleads Guilty To Digging In Yellowstone
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

Dec 2012
    196 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    He was digging in the Fort Yellowstone Army Cemetery. 12 years in prison is excessive, but he needs to spend some time to think about what he did.

There are limits and boundaries to everything. He stepped WAY over that line.

us
    sprailroad

Jan 2017
    Grants Pass, Oregon
    Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800.
    3214 times
    The possible punishment does not fit the crime. Pay the "1000.00" fine, I'm sure he would refrain from a repeat, but 12 YEARS in jail? $270,000 fine?

us
    Mar 2013
    California
    Fisher Gold Bug Pro Tesoro Cibola Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
    3993 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    He was digging in the Fort Yellowstone Army Cemetery. 12 years in prison is excessive, but he needs to spend some time to think about what he did.

There are limits and boundaries to everything. He stepped WAY over that line.
    Right on! Plus, this acts as example of punishment, for others to try the same thing - digging on Park property..., especially a CEMETERY...?! Disrespectful of the dead...!
    Stick With It - It's not *IF* you'll find the good stuff , but WHEN!

us
    Sep 2011
    Denver, Colorado
    Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
    4840 times
    Red from that 70's show has the perfect name for this dude..

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    757 times
    I'd like to see his solve that put him in a cemetery. What do you want to bet that he just knew it was the right solve, too?
    Middenmonster

There are things you can replace. And others you cannot. The time has come to weigh those things. This space is getting hot. Whoa! This space is getting hot!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    35553 times
    Max penalty is 12 years, not that is what he will get. He knew it was against the law, there is no excuse, especially in a cemetery in a National park.
    sprailroad, AARC, Phil and 1 others like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    Nov 2011
    XP Deus
    1418 times
    And Fenn said specifically it wasn't in a cemetery. Bad case of gold fever and greed. Sounds like he need psychiatric help, but pretty sure the courts will not go for that. In the old days a mob would have beat the tar out of him. Rightly so.
    Love transcends this world we live in to Heaven.
    I'll leave it to you to figure out where the opposite goes.

If your heart is in it you will find a thousand ways to achieve your goal.
    If your heart is not in it you will find a thousand excuses.

Ouija Board and map dowsing , one and the same. Just tape a map onto the Ouija Board and you have map dowsing.
    Works great if you like wild goose chases and snipe hunts!

L-rods are obsolete.

May you never take one single breath for granted.

Apr 2007
    Clearwater, FL
    1163 times
    thought fenn said ot wasnt buried

us
    Jun 2006
    Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
    WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
    2989 times
    Don't know why, but sounds like he was looking for something else got caught and threw the Fenn story hoping to get off or just a warning to me.
    The fine & jail time are just minimums & maximums for sentencing. Of course they're shooting for the max. Like when you see on the news some guy getting busted for burglary. And there's a boatload of other charges too. The cops charge him with everything under the sun so when the DA starts throwing out what he's not sure he can get a conviction on, they've got something left.

Another example. A buddy ran his van across a center divider & took out a anti siphon valve. The city sent him a bill for $1100 something. I went out with him & did the repair, (in those days) $3.00 in pvc fittings. Took before & after pics. City took him to court. Judge looked at the pics, looked at the bill, laughed & threw it out.
    I know it's here, just need a bigger coil!

I think I know what my last words will be....
    "Hold my beer and watch this!"

Famous last words "Wow! Is that a meteor?"

Feb 2006
    1773 times
    He was looking for something else. Part of the charges were excavation and trafficking of archeological resources. I would have to look at the reports, but I interpret this as to mean he was digging graves, and selling anything he found. 12 years? Yep! Maybe parole in 4-6. I have no love for, nor mercy upon, grave robbers.

Time for more coffee.

Apr 2020
    584 times
    You can't fix stupid!
    Phil likes this.

us
    "Call me ArfieBoy"

Aug 2011
    N.E. Oregon
    Compass X-70, II, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass X-100, Compass Judge 2,
    1706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by William the Conqueror View Post
    You can't fix stupid!
    So True!
    Phil likes this.

Dec 2004
    Down in the pit
    Garrett 350 GTA
    757 times
    Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    Don't know why, but sounds like he was looking for something else got caught and threw the Fenn story hoping to get off or just a warning to me.
    On the other hand, using the Fenn hunt or grave robbing are good stories to throw out if you were really burying a body there. What better place than a cemetery to bury a body you didn't want found. Especially a cemetery that is a protected monument.
    Phil likes this.
    Middenmonster

us
    United States

Jan 2018
    107 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemustdigtreasure View Post
    Right on! Plus, this acts as example of punishment, for others to try the same thing - digging on Park property..., especially a CEMETERY...?! Disrespectful of the dead...!
    Unless your an ARCHAEOLOGIST, then you can desecrate all you want with the blessing of our government (as if they have some say)!
    Phil likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links