Bank Loot

sticksboards

Dec 4, 2007
North Branch Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Carrett
Just have to tell someone. I'm 66 years old and have been looking since I was old enough to carry a shovel, for bank loot that was stollen back in late 1800's. Well I think I've finally found it. The net from the robbery wasn't big,around $4500 in paper and coin. On my last hunt for this season, I was using my Garrett gold scorpion, and got a good signal. At about 20 inches down I hit what used to be a metal box, I removed the pieces that were once a coverer and found dirt. At this time winter was moving in fast on me so I covered the hole and left it for the winter. I don't expect to find any paper money But when the frost goes out next April May or June I'll be heading back to look for coins.

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
Ill tell you like i tell everyone else that finds caches like that. depending on what the coins are and the value i wouldnt tell a soul.

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
Firstly, welcome! You located, dug 90% of the way......and decided to retrive the finds months later??? ???

Interesting.............
Smitty

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter
maybe he is afraid of coming up empty handed and wants to wallow in the fact he may have it.

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
jonnyrebel00 said:
maybe he is afraid of coming up empty handed and wants to wallow in the fact he may have it.

I guess. Monsoon season could have rolled-in.....but I'd have known what was in that hole before leaving, even for the call-of-nature...........

Smitty

jimmatt_43

Feb 2, 2007
Don't understand being that close after 50 years of looking and then walking away,but good luck to you.
One of the first things I learned at this site was S.S.S. Shovel ,sift ,and shut your pie hole.The bank will think it still belongs to them and the goverment will want their cut too if you sell any amount.
Happy Hunting,Jim

IndianaSmith

Jul 21, 2007
sticksboards said:
Like I say, I've looked for it for better than fifty years and I can wait for six more months to dig it up in warm weather.

Your research, time, and "find" . I hope it's what you were looking for......and is still there when you get back to it.

Smitty

Expired

Greenie
Dec 9, 2007
Houston, Tx
Detector(s) used
None ATM.
I would have camped out there until I found it, if I had been searching for 50 years.
who knows, in six months I could be dead.

-Nathan

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
waited 50 years and couldn't take another 10-15 minutes to dig a little further?man,winter must really come in fast around there :D................good luck

S

stefen

bomber said:
waited 50 years and couldn't take another 10-15 minutes to dig a little further?man,winter must really come in fast around there :D................good luck

Some parts of the states, winter comes on like slamming a door shut...don't let the damn doorknob hit ya in the butt ;D

If'n I waited 50 years, I'd be a digging my butt off cuz I may not be here come spring ::)

S

stefen

Attachments

• Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,360
  • Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    Oy! That\'s funny..gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 2,330

kydave

Oct 7, 2006
Front page Lost Treasure Magazine 10 years from now! Treasure hunter almost gets the Gold! This local treasure hunter almost recovered recovered thousands in gold coins before he passd away without giving up the exact location! After digging down to within inches of the cache in the sprinkling rain, he said "what the heck", i'll just come back another day when the weather is nice!

K

Kentucky Kache

I don't think I could have walked away and waited until warm weather, but then, It's not me that found it. His find, his choice when to retrieve.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
sticksboards said:
...so I covered the hole and left it for the winter.

Covered the hole? With what? That special piece of anti-winter (ice, snow and water repellent) plastic tarp?

Methinks yer makin fun of the rest of us treasure seekers. I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread