Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Dents run gold bars ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2951 times

Re: Dents run gold bars ?

I don't know how long the one I saw was but his body was about 4" in dia. He was coiled up but he didn't strike so I let him live rather than blasting him with a .45 cal snake load.

us
    Oct 2009
    7153 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Frankn
    I don't know how long the one I saw was but his body was at least 4" in dia. He was coiled up but he didn't strike so I let him live rather than blasting him with a .45 cal snake load.

Thats the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time. There has never been a rattle snake that big! It would be VERY hard to find something in the python family reach that size.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2951 times

Look at it this way, I was 4' away from him and you are probably hundreds of miles. Who has the best view.
    The East coast "Timber Rattler" is much heavier than those I have seen out west.
    3cylbill likes this.

us
    Oct 2009
    7153 times

I don't care what you imagined it to be. It may have been a huge rattler. I deal with 4 inch hose all the time. There is no way there has EVER been a rattlesnake that large.

Feb 2005
    Tioga Co. Pa.
    8 times

We grow some pretty big timber rattlers around here. It may have just swallowed somebody with a colorfull shirt.

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2951 times

Simonds, you got a good point there!

us
    Jan 2011
    Metal Detecting

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in Enid
    I don't care what you imagined it to be. It may have been a huge rattler. I deal with 4 inch hose all the time. There is no way there has EVER been a rattlesnake that large.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_diamondback
    yea they get big around here, But not big enough to scare me off looking for gold at these prices

us
    Jan 2006
    Anchorage AK
    Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
    6 times

[/quote]

Thats the funniest thing I've read in a LONG time. There has never been a rattle snake that big! It would be VERY hard to find something in the python family reach that size.
    [/quote]

I killed a western diamondback in AZ in 1973 that was 5in diameter, he sorta ended up in three pieces (somehow) and was still over five feet long, I still have the rattles. Killed another that was over six ft long but not nearly as old, 13 vs 20 rattles

us
    Jun 2012
    Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
    5121 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa View Post
    For those intrested "United States Treasure Atlas" lists, in 1865 During the Civil War, 26 Gold Bars each Weighing 50 lbs.
    in "HICK'S RUN" Elk County. The U.S. army Found Dead Army Mules near "DENTS RUN" just off Hwy. 555 in "ELK COUNTY"

? one source claims 2 1/2 bars were recovered in 1865 '

? in 1876, a survey crew found bones of 3 - 5 humans, scattered in the area of a spring.

Sorry Not gonna Give TOO many Details here. I'm not Giving up on this one yet.
    Sorry but I must be a little thick also? How about where did these sources get their information? I have everything from the libraries up that way and they have absolutely nothing before 1973. I have searched Chronicling America newspapers======Nothing. I have looked through the Pinkerton Records at the National Archives--------Nothing again. Where could I find one of the source information? I know you have a question mark out from them, so I guess you do not know the source of the information either?
    Ryano and Rebel - KGC like this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links