Uncle buried $10,000 in mason jar

MD FOR LIFE

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More info please 612-919-418five thanks

First off what I would do to find this is see who owns the building now and buy it. My late uncle Rick bought this lumber building for $5000.00 not just to live in but this was his store "garage sale". He was a buyer and seller of everything he could turn a buck with and a real straight shooter when making deals. His specialty was knives, guns, toys and lunch boxes. The money he got from his profits went into mason jars because he never did believe in banks and would bury these jars not outside his building but inside it. Whenever he put one in the ground he marked it with a stick or a toothpick sticking above it. As far as I know he had maybe two jars one that I personally hid for him before I enlisted in the Air Force (of course I showed him where it was hidden and he agreed it was a good spot). He moved his jars alot, but all the building he was doing inside of his place he was running out of room to bury it in dirt. As far as I know the one I buried is still there. I went back on leave before the deployment I'm on now to look for it and alot changes in 12 years. The building was packed with junk (I mean junk like enough Christmas stuff to decorate a large town), but needless to say I didn't look long because last I heard my other uncle bought the place and didn't know if he still had it. I made a quick search of the northwest corner of the building in the machine room there where I buried and last seen the jar between the wall and foundation. There was way to much stuff to get to his other hiding places plus the wife was with me waiting in the truck. I had my turn time to pass the torch to someone else, because I don't think I'll be up that way in awhile. Being that I got orders now in Nellis AFB NV it is just to damn far to go. Now why am I telling you this, well first off this is a treasure net forum and it's always exciting to read about "real" buried treasure without having to use your imagination to see turtles or dogs or wonder way hippies stacked rocks that way off the side of a trail and someone comes along thinking they are Spanish trial markers. I would be happy to hear about someone finding this jar "legally of course" and share your story here with pics. Hearing stories like this gets my blood pumping and anticipating the hunt. I
My uncle had his first stroke when I was in basic training 5 months after buried his jar and moved out. Five years later got word that he had passed away at one of his auctions (he loved his auctions) the home brought him to. I know he never told anyone about where he kept his money except me because he trusted his brothers and sisters like he trusted banks and his first stroke he had was bad enough he couldn't talk. Here is the GPS coordinates from google earth just 46 54'16.87"N 95 21'15.47"W. The building is about 7 miles west of Osage MN and it is right off the road. Good luck and like I said if anyone finds it post it.

Thanks D

I would like a little more info please. 612-919-418five Thanks

MD FOR LIFE

Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like a little more info please call me @ 612-919-418 five Thanks man, hoping to find this for you.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am n that area a few times a year because I grew up in the Twin Cities and my mom and wifes family live up there still. I would love to hunt for this, anyone else want to go? There was some interest in the beginning, what happened?

Sawyer

Jan 25, 2013
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fellow owned the property that was once owned by Belle Starr, outlaw queen in Indian territory and Arkasas. He told a story about her buried gold coins. He let th'ers hunt for twenty dollars a day and gave them hints. When asked why he responded, "Easy way to get my garden turned and get money to pay the taxes".

coyote3

Apr 12, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT Spectrum,
Minelab Xterra 705,
Whites TM808,
Bounty Hunter,
Si Go by Fitz
L Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of armchair treasure hunters that never will get to a site. Its probably still there exactly where he said to look. Loooonnng ways away for me.

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My question is. If this is true why would you post such valuable knowledge on such a public forum? When you can contact the current owner and make a deal with them for half of the cache if you give them the location? Rather than informing the masses out of the goodness of your heart? I feel this is a bogus tip that is meant to cause the current landowner grief. The person who posted this is not counting on the 10 grand, but your greed. If you believe this then, I am a African prince who is trying to find someone who will let me hide my fortune. Just send me all of your personal info along with your bank account number and social security number, and I will deposit my fortune in your account.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
05Duramax

Last Activity Sep 28, 2011 05:54 PM

Good catch. First posted in '08. Wonder if anyone looked for it. Frank...-
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I went there to look for it. It is now a strip mall.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread