From Bottom to Top...

T

Teprock

Hello Folks, I am a poor soldier in the United States Army ($200.00 in the bank) who works at least 10 hours a day, five-seven days a week, with thirty days off a year. I just found out that my best friend inherited $300,000 from his grumpy grandfather. We are both 23 years old. My question is, Do you think that I could go from the bottom to the top with hard work and dedication or is my best friend a success and I'm bound to be on the bottom of the food chain for the rest of my miserable life? Any imput would be appreciated as I dream of one day finding treasure(LOL)! :P Thanks, Teprock

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Stay in the Army. Join the engineers, they have real good metal detectors. They buy those real high-end Minelabs. Then do an extended tour in Europe and practice a lot with your equipment on the old roman roads. Come back when you are ready to be successful instead of wondering whether or not you ever will be. You may also be able to retire on your finds.....

Attachments

• Caleb Smith.jpg
    Caleb Smith.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 20

scotty

Oct 12, 2003
central missouri
Teprock,
Just because your friend inherited $300,000 does not mean he is a success. What he does with the money will determine if he will be a success or not. It sounds as if you are doing good, you have steady job, place to stay, and money in the bank. Your young yet, and have a world of opportuniies ahead of you, choose wisely and you will be successful. There are many treasures out there, and a lot of them have nothing to do with money. The quest is where the treasure is, the gold and silver is merely cold hard objects. HH. Scotty

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140425_130112.png
    ForumRunner_20140425_130112.png
    134 KB · Views: 15
  • ForumRunner_20140425_130056.png
    ForumRunner_20140425_130056.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 19
  • ForumRunner_20140424_183229.png
    ForumRunner_20140424_183229.png
    128.4 KB · Views: 18
  • ForumRunner_20140424_134757.png
    ForumRunner_20140424_134757.png
    126 KB · Views: 17

Chiz

Mar 26, 2003
New Jersey....
What would Oprah do.............. hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

8)

Attachments

• My first Round Ball.jpg
    My first Round Ball.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 19
  • CB0CyanTyNli46NBqgW1toPnXZviaYEIcTkyddwkJJ0=s243-p-no.jpeg
    CB0CyanTyNli46NBqgW1toPnXZviaYEIcTkyddwkJJ0=s243-p-no.jpeg
    13.9 KB · Views: 24
  • penny quality.jpg
    penny quality.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
T

Teprock

Thank you Lowbatts, Scotty, Chiz, Zman, and MDnoob for your brilliant replies. That made me feel better actually! My best friend deserves the best things in life as I feel he knows that $300,000 won't be a guarentee to a flawless life, but it sure can help out when you're 23-years-old living in the basement/small room of a home living with the enemy (his stepmother and her hillbilly family). LOL:) I told him to buy Real Estate TOO as I hope he follows my advice. Zman, I agree with your philosophy in life, as some of the poorest people in life are the happiest while some rich 80s "suits" (Yuppies/Nerds/ETC) will always be depressed no matter what happens--thanks for the input. The thing is that we have been best friends since around age 9. At age 22, we both were going through difficult times, but we had each other and money was irrelevant. If my best friend says to do something, I will do it. Does any other person have a best friend like that? Thanks again:)

OP
OP
T

Teprock

Actually, money is always relevant if you know what to do with it (a rebuttle to my last message). It's just that if you lose all of the money you had too soon or let it corrupt you and you obsess over money, it can hurt instead of help you. However, I am obsessed with money and gold because I do know what to do with it if I ever receive large sums of cash/gold. Here's some fun questions for you...

1. Are you obsessed with money?

2. What would you do if you inherited millions of dollars worth of gold or cash?

My answer to #1 is yes, but only because I am poor at the moment. The vast majority of my dreams entail me being at the bottom and finding my way to the top! Am I crazy?

3. What is more important--Money or Healthy relationships with family/friends? (be honest).

4. What motivated you to be on a web site like treasurenet.com? Are we all secretly obsessed with gold?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Teprock, are you a social scientist or other type of psych profiler? Lose the metal detector and get a girlfriend.

Been on my own since I was 14, working since I was 12. Got a college education I paid for, never went to high school. Never missed it, was too busy working the girls in my stable when I was that age. Carried a revolver under one arm and a sawed off shotgun under the other. Been shot, stabbed, kicked, clubbed and left for dead. Don't know who my father was, don't care either.

Who am I going to inherit anything from? When my mother kicked off a couple years ago she wanted a decent burial so Jesus could resurrect her properly. Told her before I pulled the plug she gets what she paid for. She only left me bills in her name. So she got cremated and tossed into someone else's car.

What is a healthy relationship? Never hit my wife or kids, never had to. They know I'll kill them if they wrong me. They're very healthy.

I'm on downtime this winter since the FBI background checks keep me from getting an honest job. That's why I'm spending so much time on the net....

Any more questions or do we all have non-personal fun to get back to now? Hey, don't forget. Smile. Forget what I said, get a Fisher CZ-3D when they get to the stores, and go hunting.

Attachments

• Humminbird 1 first scan 4 29 12  hi comp.jpg
    Humminbird 1 first scan 4 29 12 hi comp.jpg
    1,021.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Shaft Harryst.jpg
    Shaft Harryst.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Ocean Grove Pier 11 4 13.JPG
    Ocean Grove Pier 11 4 13.JPG
    350.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Ocean Grove NJ 11 4 13.jpg
    Ocean Grove NJ 11 4 13.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Ocean Grove NJ 11 4 13 a.JPG
    Ocean Grove NJ 11 4 13 a.JPG
    478.9 KB · Views: 20
  • Ocean Grove 11 4 13.JPG
    Ocean Grove 11 4 13.JPG
    358 KB · Views: 22

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Money is the least important thing you have

Money is the least important thing you have... it can be stolen, lost, destroyed or confiscated by the government and you can go out and replace it. Try doing that with your health, your sanity, your friends and family. You can't get a replacement for your children either. Regards,
Siegfried Schlagrule

OP
OP
T

Teprock

**Read This** Update on Best Friend Receiving $300,000......

Damn, I am about to quit metal detecting, GPK, and my obsession for money. Here's why...

My best friend, who inhereted $300,000, decided to end our friendship, probably because he felt that if he never saw me again, he would never have to give me money. We are both 23 and 24, and he doesn't respond to my e-mails anymore because I criticized him over something stupid. He never could take criticism or never gave anyone criticism, just kept all his hatred inside. I wanted him to tell me if anything I did bothered him, but he never would because he thought that "was mean", not just trying to help each other communicate better in the future.

He always said that if he got money, he would be happier. Well, it made him ignore me, his best friend since the 1980s. He probably quit all of his ambitions in life, too. I'm not going to mention his handle name on treasurenet, but since I politely criticized him, he stopped coming on here, avoids me, and is probably just as paranoid as I am these days. MONEY OBVIOUSLY CORRUPTED HIM, AND I DIDN'T WANT HIS MONEY LIKE HE THOUGHT I DID. I JUST WANTED OUR FRIENDSHIP, BUT HE FELT I WAS ONLY AFTER HIS MONEY.

PS If he doesn't come on here in a week or so, then I'll probably quit treasurenet too. I only joined this web site because he told me to. Forget everything, man.

MONEY MADE A GOOD PERSON TURN CRAZY. Comments anyone?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 36
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    437.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    527.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    577.2 KB · Views: 30

JustMe

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2004
N.E. Ohio
From the bottom to the top that just means it is a long way back down
Enjoy were you are in life; it can always get better or worse. Remember the golden rule and you will do ok when $$$ is the most important thing in life your life will be miserable have fun, enjoy life, and respect others

Attachments

• Ct copper candle stick.jpg
    Ct copper candle stick.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 21

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions