need equipment for cache hunting Philippines, please help

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
;DOk,Everyone is and has been looking in the wrong place for "Yams" Gold.After reading with interest the many theories and "finds" of Gold, think about this.From 1941-1945,The US and Japan where fighting a fierce war in the entire Pacific.Knowbody had time to bury all this gold in the Islands,they where fighting for their lives.So where is the gold??? In the water out at sea.Japan may have had the gold put on mini subs or larger subs and had them sunk at locations that they could come back later and retrive.Why would they bury so many tons of gold on land,when they knew they where lossing and would never be able to come back to retrive it???? There are pages about Japans ships and subs sunk in all areas around the Philipines and all the other areas.This is my 2"yen" on this. :o If I'm right, I'd like a couple of Gold Bars(10-20) as a bird dog fee.Plus if its in the water, I want to go with "SWR" to find it. ;D ;D Idig

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Central Luzon, Philippines
Detector(s) used
Blood, sweat and tears of my nation's forebears
Idig4beer said:
From 1941-1945,The US and Japan where fighting a fierce war in the entire Pacific.Knowbody had time to bury all this gold in the Islands,they where fighting for their lives.So where is the gold??? In the water out at sea.Japan may have had the gold put on mini subs or larger subs and had them sunk at locations that they could come back later and retrive.Why would they bury so many tons of gold on land,when they knew they where lossing and would never be able to come back to retrive it????

From what I've read, at the onset the Japanese were planning for a short war and then a negotiated peace. They had hoped to retain the Philippines, among others, when they would negotiate for peace. What they failed to take into account was the effects the treachery of Pearl Harbor had on the American people which was followed by the inhumane treatment of POWs at the Bataan Death March. From that time on the Americans were determined to wipe out the IJA and to avenge their soldiers.

There are indeed water-based sites and one of the more famous ones is the Japanese heavy cruiser Nachi scuttled off Manila Bay. This was recovered by Pres. Marcos in the 70's with the help of Americans from Sparks, Nevada.

Most of these sea-based sites are IJN sites separate and distinct from land-based sites which are IJA sites. And the IJN and the IJA did not always see eye to eye and were grossly distrustful of each other.

BADZ

Jun 12, 2005
hunter61,
instead of buying the AOL gold gun, I bought the Accumeter Pro VI because at that time I was using the BK Precision MFD as my long range locator.
If your suspected treasure site is just a few hectares, you can use the accumeter pro 6

BADZ

Jun 12, 2005
hunter61
to shorten your query "Re: need equipment for cache hunting phil, please help", let's just ask from members of this forum who has made a succesful recovery and to what equipment they have used in detecting their Yam Treasures.......
Maybe the best equipment are those equipment used by succesful Yam hunters, if there are any ;)

valente

Tenderfoot
Dec 27, 2007
Bionic01 for long range, triangulate, Gem2 on that point, coredrill, then voila!
(after of course the usual verification on the site's history,etc)
Cheers...

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
SWR said:
Every time somebody comes up with a logical scenario, more pretend or make-believe history is introduced. Hogwash.

My source is Capt. Junichiro Kobayashi, Tunnel Engineer of the Imperial Japanese Army. What's yours?

gboy

Jul 5, 2004
Treasure hunter 61,

For that kind of depth, you need hi-tech geo instruments not a mere treasure hunting gadgets.
FYI, There are many geophysical instruments here in the Philippines for RENT that you can choose including the EXP4000...remember that we are a "gold producing country" and all those hi-tech geo instrument are already available here for several decades now....all you have to do is RESEARCH...Where? TELEPHONE DIRECTORY/INTERNET ;D....there are many surveying/drilling companies that had this kind of geo instruments already (GPR, electromags, resistivity, gradiometer,etc)...all you have to do is inquire if they are using EXP4000 or whatever instruments you like...as simple as that.
BTW I think the average rental fee for geo instrument like EXP4000 is Php 50,000 per day or per site and once you confirm the anomaly or treasure target, you can reconfirm it thru borehole drill...again there are several water drilling company here. Bcoz most of these survey/drilling companies their clientele includes treasure hunters already...OKS?... :o

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
idighistory said:
See April 08 Lost Treasure magazine pg53 concerning treasure hunting in the Philippines.

Would you be so kind as to echo to us what the article is all about? I don't think that mag is available in our neck of the jungle. :)

kaloy

Aug 21, 2005
Detector(s) used
gemini 3, TM 808
dred747 said:
SWR said:
Every time somebody comes up with a logical scenario, more pretend or make-believe history is introduced. Hogwash.

My source is Capt. Junichiro Kobayashi, Tunnel Engineer of the Imperial Japanese Army. What's yours?

dred, is he still alive? got an important doc to show him......

idighistory

Feb 19, 2008
Bellaire Michigan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/ Pioneer 202
To dred747. Only Filipino citizens will be allowed to conduct treasure hunts, you have to pay for a one year permit and post a surety bond regardless if the hunt takes place on public or private lands. Check with Enviromental Secretary Lito Atienza. Good luck, and please keep us posted. Hope I done well.

dred747

Dec 25, 2007
Detector(s) used
Yes I read the Administrative Order signed by Elisea Gozun. Lito Atienza came out with some amendments covering treasure hunting in caves. I do know only Filipino citizens are allowed to treasure hunt but almost every other treasure site is being worked over by a foreign national. Guess there's not too much policing in this regard.

What really surprises is how much discretion is given to the Oversight Committee re historical or cultural value. What happens if they arbitrarily decide against you and attach all your discoveries? I'd say forget about applying for permits with a government that's corrupt. You're just giving evil persons a chance to get away with stealing from you. Give to the community directly whatever it deserves. One can always claim one is building a swimming pool right? And you don't even need a mayor's permit for that.

tagasilay

Jun 27, 2005
Hi,

I can give you an assessment on the viability of your project. We rent out an equiptment package consisting of a GPR, two-box detector and a vlf(minelab) on a very selective basis. We turn down about 90 percent of prospective clients during the assesment stage, its a matter of being objective rather than subjective on the matter. for more info just send me a pm.

God bless,

Jose

Zobex

Jun 27, 2006
dred747 said:
Yes I read the Administrative Order signed by Elisea Gozun. Lito Atienza came out with some amendments covering treasure hunting in caves. I do know only Filipino citizens are allowed to treasure hunt but almost every other treasure site is being worked over by a foreign national. Guess there's not too much policing in this regard.

What really surprises is how much discretion is given to the Oversight Committee re historical or cultural value. What happens if they arbitrarily decide against you and attach all your discoveries? I'd say forget about applying for permits with a government that's corrupt. You're just giving evil persons a chance to get away with stealing from you. Give to the community directly whatever it deserves. One can always claim one is building a swimming pool right? And you don't even need a mayor's permit for that.

I am one of the few who have actually paid for a TH Permit. I think I posted the details about that circus. Arroyo and her fat husband have enough money. If you want to dig a site, make friends with the property owner or those nearby or the smallest political to the site. Promise them something if you find. They will keep quiet out of fear of the big fish, will be your eyes and ears and provide manual labor. Always share with the poor. You will have more trusted contacts than you can imagine.

Zobex

Tim Williams

Dec 24, 2005
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Arc-Geo Logger-TM-808-Garrett XL500-Deepstar
The best way I have seen so far is ground resistivity for verifying a cave and depth. I've been testing a Gem2 unit thats cost 25000.00 and traveled to a known mapped cave in TX and the unit barely reached the cave area. The cave is 20-40ft deep and the Gem2 is supposed to reach 50meters!

I would go with a good resistivity system that logs. It's hard work but you know what you got. If the ground is rock you have a problem. Other than that I use resistivity for caves or cement voids.

Tim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions