pulse star II

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
As the Pulse Star is a pulse induction unit designed for deep caches I imagine most folks here have never heard of it much less have used one. As I can't find any user reviews for this unit, perhaps you could post one after you spent some time in the field with it.

I would be interested to know if the ferrous/non ferrous discrimination claims for this PI are valid.( Iron discrimination for other PIs currently on the market are either rudimentary and unreliable or non existent)

Have fun and keep us posted.
George

GaBnn3

Dec 10, 2004
How about an update, now that you've been a proud owner for the past two years.

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have a pulse star not the II, and it does not have the discrimination. I assume that you would have a magnetometer in there. I wouldnt care if it had that though, as, what if a bunch of coins, bills, were hid in a can? Often they were. Or if it was a outhouse pit? I find it very powerful, and can pick up a can at about 6' in the air. It will pick up a car at about 25' in the air. It will also pick up high power lines, the big ones, at 100s of feet away, it picks up the EMI/EMF that is put off. Very, very sensitive. But it will not find a thin ring or anything real small. Of course being a PI it can find something that is underwater or buried for a long time a lot further away, the opposite of a VLF, or TR type.

lupillopreciado

Tenderfoot
Oct 27, 2007
Hi i also bought this detector about a year ago,i am still trying to learn on it,but i am planning to go on vacation to mexico,where i know of some stories and down there it is a very small town of about three thousand people,this stories are from the late eighteen hundred,when people used to work silver mines,and when there were no cars to take the silver metal to the big city,they used horses and mules,and often this silver shipments were stolen from rubbers and buried it,soldiers sooner or later caught this bandits,and the silver is still buried.By the way this town is very close to were the(camino real) main road to the big city used to go.The leads i have is that my father who is nightieone years old now,hi lived down there for seventy years,and he tells me stories.Hey onorio by any chance you live close to california.

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Is the Pulsestar 2 any good at locating gold ore veins at say 5 feet deep and around 5-10 ounces per ton? Can it reject hot iron rich ground at the same time and ignore coin size targets and nails? Anybody got a used one 4 sale ? There is a detector review on this machine if you want to read it.The user locates meteorites with his.

-Tom

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's an excellent unit of it's kind. Designed for large and deep items, thouhg it can be used with smaller coils, if you don't care about discrimination, this is usefoul in difficult terrains, where VLFs are handicapped. The discimination works electrically speaking, in practice it is helpfoul but unreliable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread