Last Stage Robbery in America, Jarbidge, Nevada

JamesFariello

May 25, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Whites 808, Eagle Spectrum, Cibola & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jarbidge, Nevada was the scene of the last stage coach robbery in America. The driver was killed and several men were arrested and sent to jail. The main research and information is listed below. A friend and I went to Nevada in the fall of 2007 and just enjoyed a nice treasure hunt for the missing gold coins. We found the old foot bridge remains and the fat old man crossing the river is me. A GPS location was provided by some LRL equipment and a cave was found at the GPS Grid. A strong signal was give with a two box metal detector just above a caved in cave. The side of the hill, rocks, kept coming down on us as we dug. Cold air came out of the cave and we did not have the equipment to dig it out at this time. We plan on a return trip with some help and the correct equipment and if the treasure is found, we will be sure not to tell anyone. If the treasure is not found we will also not tell and just enjoy that area of Nevada, it is real nice place and the camping and folks in that semi ghost town area are just wonderful. This movie was made on a digital camera for just our fun and we claim no professional expert view, just an of old fart, me, enjoying his retirement with a good friend, Tim.

http://www.outbacknevada.us/howh/606.html (This is the research link)

Attachments

• logoTRL.jpg
    logoTRL.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 2,433

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Pursuing a treasure legend is such a great adventure. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Jarbidge is one of those places I've got to see before I die.

There should be a code that only true treasure hunters know so that we can tell each other when we find a cache without telling the whole world. Maybe a photo with just a big grin, no further explanation? Or maybe a code word like "mefindbigone?"

Here's hoping you do find the stagecoach loot, but enjoy the hunt - that's really what it's all about.
Okie dokie! I vote for:
YUP = found one
NOPE = skunked

The Feds will never figure that one out :D :wink: :D :P

RevJoel

Mar 1, 2006
Central SC
Detector(s) used
Old Garrett Deep Seeker
James,

Has the big shovel been removed from the Jarbidge Court House Grounds?

Pax Christi
Rev. Joel+

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Oldtimers used this for a code. Inside use a can outside use a glass or plastic jar with a metal lid. Inside the container put a dated newspaper or a note. Tells the next guy they were in the right spot but too late. Saves a whole lot of searching. exanimo, siegfried schlagrule

S

stefen

I saw some old geezer sticking his hand into a hole...that could have been a rattlesnake den...not too smart...being that the Arizona desert is crawling with these legless lizards (snakes, that is) :icon_scratch:

K

Kentucky Kache

It should make you feel rich just to get to explore such a great lead in such beautiful country. "The real treasure is the hunt"

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cache Crazy said:
It should make you feel rich just to get to explore such a great lead in such beautiful country. "The real treasure is the hunt"

Not to mention the bragging rights and seeing your name on the little card on the display in the museum saying "On loan from *******"

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Bragging rights are cool but buddy, let's stop it right here. You got the two box to give you a signal inside a caved in cave near the site of the last stagecoach robbery in the US. Theres three possibilities. It could be ore (iron, gold, silver, osmium...who cares what kind), it could be your treasure, or it could be junk.
My advice...come back and tell us all it's junk no matter what. I have seen posts that there are govt people watching this site. If that is true, I am sure they are on to you after you posted this. If that stash is found, someone is going to want it (and they WILL take it from you). Whatever bank, or insurance company it belonged to is going to claim it because it's rightfully theirs. This is BS b/c the insurance claim was probably already paid, and if the insurance company really wanted it, they should have bought a two box, did the research and done the hunting (ala the USS Central America find). They abandonned it. Period. They are just a bunch of vultures looking for an easy score. Or, some Tacklebury Sheriff, FBI or SS agent with an attitute is going to want to "solve" a historical case by strong arming you into giving it up just so they can put their stupid face or keystone cop dept on Cold Case Files and guess what? They will probably keep a little souvanier for themselves (ie one of the best pieces in the bunch) and you will get bubkis. And if that doesn't happen, the IRS is going to try to take a cut too (especially when you sell the stuff). Like I said. You found junk, and leave it at that. Just make sure you show us your new detector when the time comes.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
TreasureTales said:
Skrimpy, excellent post! I especially like the last line. :wink:

Not enough to warrant a gold bar eh? At least you didn't give me a lump of coal for telling him to take the treasure and run! :)

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
TreasureTales said:
Skrimpy said:
TreasureTales said:
Skrimpy, excellent post! I especially like the last line. :wink:

Not enough to warrant a gold bar eh? At least you didn't give me a lump of coal for telling him to take the treasure and run! :)

Didn't even know about the gold bar/lump of coal thing until earlier today. Personally, I don't like popularity contests, but you do deserve some credit for your previous post. Gold bar has been awarded. (Begging for a gold bar, however, is unmanly...shame on you. ;D)

Ha! Was't trying to get a gold bar! I was hoping to ellicit the "shame on you" and the accompanying lump of coal!!! :D Maybe if I run around telling everyone to do unethical things I can get 100 lumps of coal!!!

OP
OP
JamesFariello

JamesFariello

May 25, 2008
Brighton, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Whites 808, Eagle Spectrum, Cibola & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay guys, I will be heading back for this one with a group of THers in 2018, God willing. Meeting was held last month, some of them might go into the area this year but my calendar was full. I will go with them next year. If they do get something found, we have a good deal. I took the video down, had to much information on it to keep others from going to the area. Sorry, will let you all know in a round about way if something is recovered. James

infectious208

Aug 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay guys, I will be heading back for this one with a group of THers in 2018, God willing. Meeting was held last month, some of them might go into the area this year but my calendar was full. I will go with them next year. If they do get something found, we have a good deal. I took the video down, had to much information on it to keep others from going to the area. Sorry, will let you all know in a round about way if something is recovered. James

Hello, if you guys are willing and open to having a newbie join you on this, I would love to tag along.

I live in Nampa Idaho and was actually just down in Jarbidge a little over a month ago for a rally called the Gambler 500. I would love to hang out around some old timers and learn some tricks and tips.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions