Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mortarr.jpg

This mortar and pestle were found by J.H. Neale in tertiary deposits dating 33-55 million years old.

On August 2, 1890, J.H. Neale signed the following statement about his discoveries: "In 1877 Mr. J.H. Neale was superintendent of the Montezuma tunnel Company, and ran the Montezuma tunnel into the gravel underlying the lava of Table Mountain, Tuolumne County....At a distance of between 1400 and 1500 feet from the mouth of the tunnel, or of between 200 and 300 feet beyond the edge of the solid lava, Mr. Neale saw several spear-heads, of some dark rock and nearly one foot in length. On exploring further, he himself found a small mortar three or four inches in diameter and of irregular shape. This was discovered within a foot or two of the spear-heads. He then found a large well-formed pestle....

"...Mr. Neale declares that it is utterly impossible that these relics can have reached the position in which they were found excepting at the time the gravel was deposited, and before the lava cap formed. There was not the slightest trace of any disturbance of the mass or of any natural fissure into it by which access could have been obtained either there or in the neighborhood."

Behind the scenes in California's Gold Country

http://www.mcremo.com/doors.htm

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see Table Mountain from my home and am very familiar with the Tertiary channel.Many fossils including Mastadon tusks and sea turtle shells were also excavated ,per 1850 diary accounts.

S

stefen

This is more likely one of those anomolies that can be easily rectified by modern scientists...

There were many active volcano's in California over the last couple thousand years and the finding may be far younger than implied by the finder...

Native immigrating to this region can be placed in this area about 13000 years ago...33-35 million years ago, California was somewhere else on this planet Earth.

I suspect the dates are mythical and wishful thinking...

haylen

Feb 14, 2007
the ranch i live on is part of table mountain and also have a working mine that goes into the mountain last year they reached the gravel bed :thumbsup:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Extremely rich ground!The most dangerous type of mining though.There is many a miner under that volcanic cap.There is a heavy sand layer that is very prone to caving.Also very interesting on how table mountain was formed.A volcano erupted on the east side of the Sierras andthe lava actually flowed down the river channel,changing the rivers coarse and leaving the rich gravels under the lava.Throughout millions of years the mountains around the "old river",actually have eroded away and left Table Mountain

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
Not sure its the same place but the GPAA had a TV epsode where Tom went into a dig under there with his md and way back in lost his lights. came out another entrance. seemed to find good gold but who can say.

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
This is more likely one of those anomolies that can be easily rectified by modern scientists...

There were many active volcano's in California over the last couple thousand years and the finding may be far younger than implied by the finder...

Native immigrating to this region can be placed in this area about 13000 years ago...33-35 million years ago, California was somewhere else on this planet Earth.

Possibly, but isn't it a shame that so many finds such as this have been shrugged off and discarded by the single minded elite that are unable to open up and admit the fact that there are other possible conclusions, just as possible I might add, based on the data available at this time. The reality is that in many areas of the Scientific community, if you want to get published and be taken seriously, you must conform to the accepted norm. This pretty much discourages an open mind and especially research into alternative theories.

This is not just a present day phenomena, it has been true for many century's. From Medicine to Archaeology to Astronomy, all suffer from this phenomena. The advances we enjoy today where virtually all discovered by those few free thinkers that dared to go against the system and take that important next step. How much more quickly could these advances have come about had we encouraged this free thinking all along.

To the finders of these artifacts and other similar finds I would first say congratulations. The second would be to take that next step. do your research, ask questions, and most importantly, do not allow the often shallow opinions of the presently accepted theories to stop you from thinking outside of the box.

Deepsix

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deepsix47 said:
stefen said:

Possibly, but isn't it a shame that so many finds such as this have been shrugged off and discarded by the single minded elite that are unable to open up and admit the fact that there are other possible conclusions, just as possible I might add, based on the data available at this time. The reality is that in many areas of the Scientific community, if you want to get published and be taken seriously, you must conform to the accepted norm. This pretty much discourages an open mind and especially research into alternative theories.

This is not just a present day phenomena, it has been true for many century's. From Medicine to Archaeology to Astronomy, all suffer from this phenomena. The advances we enjoy today where virtually all discovered by those few free thinkers that dared to go against the system and take that important next step. How much more quickly could these advances have come about had we encouraged this free thinking all along.

To the finders of these artifacts and other similar finds I would first say congratulations. The second would be to take that next step. do your research, ask questions, and most importantly, do not allow the often shallow opinions of the presently accepted theories to stop you from thinking outside of the box.

Deepsix

I fully agree!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions