Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

simbad42

Nov 10, 2013
Santa Barbara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find. But I noticed that it is still missing some information for some of the counties that as it said, produced gold but not much. If you ever want to get the best idea of your local history I would suggest going to a history museum, more so if you live in a small town.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
REMEMBER, there is a movement in CA to find and fill old mine shafts (rendering them "safe"). If you find one on public property, and make the location public, you may find it filled the next time you visit. I am not judging this movement as right or wrong, just be aware of it. TTC

OP
OP
auferret

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice link PLL! Thanks for posting it.

Notsuredomus

Aug 12, 2012
Classic Hill Mine, Siskiyou County
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Whites GMT
Garret ProPointer
Bazooka Gold Trap Super Prospector
Fossicker Production Pan
Proline 3in Dredge/Highbanker Combo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the link Brother. I look forward to the information infusion.

1krazeepolack

Sep 1, 2009
Buckeye, Az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've spent many years finding old abandoned mines in & around S. calif. I see NO effort by BLM or any other agency backfiling these mine sites. What they WILL DO, is everything possible to remove you from said area's, then bulldoze everything into oblivion!!!! Needless to say, they don't even clean up the mess THEY leave behind!!!! Their main goal is to simply remove your hardworking a$$!!!! I have seen a FEW old mines they build covers (steel barred cages) over to supposedly retain them for bat nesting area's. (FACT)? I have only heard this, never seen it documented in any form. Our goverment (BLM) at work!!!!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread