Introduction

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Whats up gang? Just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I can tell I will be spending some time here, so I figure why not give you all a little heads up. First off....
Howdy! :icon_biggrin: My name is Jack, I am a tile contractor by profession. There is a link to my small humble website in my signature. I live in Murrieta Ca and am new to prospecting.

I bought a gold pan at an army navy store about 5 years ago and it sat onna shelf in my garage
until about 3 months ago. Work has been extremely slow, and in the last year and a half I have
probably sat home 5-6 months. I love to golf, but its too expensive. What better hobby to get into
than prospecting? Well I imagine, being here in this crowd alot of you would say treasure hunting lol.

So far I have a gold pan, and a decent sluice I made from sheet aluminum expanded metal lath and for my fine gold I found a really cool material at Lowes made for lining tool box trays. I'll have to get some pics and share as I begin to participate more here. My next purchase will be a decent detector. From reading around and watching Matt Mattson on youtube describe the differences in detectors I'll probably start out with a VLF. I dunno maybe you all can help me out? I would be using it to detect in shallow streams to figure out where to sluice and pan, and sooner or later I plan on detecting along some ancient river beds. Anyways....

Alot of my time, but definitely not all is spent on another message board www.johnbridge.com I moderate and chat with other professionals and help people do their own DIY projects. If anybody wants free advice about a tile project, they bill themselves "The friendliest DIY site on the net"

So thats the skinny on me, I look forward to gettin to know the group.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I'm strictly a coin/relic guy, as my part of CA is too far from nugget producing regions. But welcome aboard!

C. Myers

Greenie
Jun 9, 2008
Oceanside, CA.
Welcome Jack!

Before you go off buying lots of prospecting tools. You should meet up with some of the local gold prospecting groups - most are happy to let you try out the various equipment when they have their outings.

Friends of mine live in Murrieta/Elsinore area and are members of Treasure Seekers of San Diego (Escondido), Temecula Valley prospectors (Temecula), Valley Prospectors (San Bernardino). Some of the clubs do not charge dues. The multiple membership allows them the freedom to choose which claims that they would like to go to.

Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Good luck in your hunt -

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread