Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi ferret,
I have that book as well, but that is not the " in depth " one. There is another one with a map of from one end of the canyon to the other, and points out all the spots. As it says in the book though, soon this will all be " developed " so that is why I'm trying to get to this now before it's toooooo late....

PLL

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that book also but noticed that you had it already. I swear, just about every time you post a new thread, I kick myself for moving away from California. Let us know what you find.

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
auferret said:
I found that book also but noticed that you had it already. I swear, just about every time you post a new thread, I kick myself for moving away from California. Let us know what you find.

LOL!!!! Thx, I will post my finds when I get them....

PLL

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
Wow, i would love to hunt there with you. First thing I thought was "mmmm, pigs. Nothing better than shooting a wild pig and cooking it while backpacking". Then you posted about "no hunting".......lol

S

stefen

As with many opportunities, I never hooked up with pegleglooker...looks like it would be a great winter or spring hunt...

Wait to see if peg leg replies...he may have hunted the old places...

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gang,
I did go out there, but my detector broke down... There is a lot of area to go through and if anyone would like to go, just let me know...

Thx
PLL

Nuggets4me

Jan 1, 2012
Hemet/San Jacinto
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was doing some research...and I found this environmental impact report www.cpuc.ca.gov/Environment/info/aspen/elcasco/pea/pea3-05.pdf, sounds like they were planning on building out there and tearing down those houses. I don't think they qualified as historical as did the schoolhouse. Very interesting history on the area and who specifically lived there. Has anyone seen the area lately? I'm thinking that because of the financial crisis they may not have continued the project?

Nuggets4me

Jan 1, 2012
Hemet/San Jacinto
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stefen said:
As with many opportunities, I never hooked up with pegleglooker...looks like it would be a great winter or spring hunt...

Wait to see if peg leg replies...he may have hunted the old places...

I agree, right now would be perfect. Watch out for those wild hogs..... :angry5:

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
Nuggets4me said:
I was doing some research...and I found this environmental impact report www.cpuc.ca.gov/Environment/info/aspen/elcasco/pea/pea3-05.pdf, sounds like they were planning on building out there and tearing down those houses. I don't think they qualified as historical as did the schoolhouse. Very interesting history on the area and who specifically lived there. Has anyone seen the area lately? I'm thinking that because of the financial crisis they may not have continued the project?

Wow, great information. Looks like Rush Woodhouse is responsible for the wild pig problem there. Says he raised Hogs on the land. Want to bet they are descendants of said hogs.

Nuggets4me

Jan 1, 2012
Hemet/San Jacinto
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tapoutking said:
Nuggets4me said:

Wow, great information. Looks like Rush Woodhouse is responsible for the wild pig problem there. Says he raised Hogs on the land. Want to bet they are descendants of said hogs.

Right, I figured the same thing! Escapees!

Nuggets4me

Jan 1, 2012
Hemet/San Jacinto
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You really want one of those hogs dontcha? ;D Alright well, you let me know when you get rid of ALL of them. Then I will check it out.

P.S. Save me some ham.

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
I'm with tapout. I want to go out there and use the md AND hog hunt. I've got my pig tag ready, and my stomach is growling for some bacon. How do you get to Timoteo canyon anyways? and FYI for anyone out on jackrabbit trail, I saw a mountain lion there last weekend. First time I've ever seen one in the wild. Just keep an eye out for it.

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
I went there yesterday and found the farm that pegleglooker posted. No, I didn't detect. The entire place is posted every six feet with those stupid signs. But, I found this! This plaque is on the wall by the little fishing lake.

it's hard to read, because I took the pic with my cell phone. Wyatt Earp really was in that canyon.

Attachments

• wyatt earp.jpg
    wyatt earp.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 638

Nuggets4me

Jan 1, 2012
Hemet/San Jacinto
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
treasurechest said:
I went there yesterday and found the farm that pegleglooker posted. No, I didn't detect. The entire place is posted every six feet with those stupid signs. But, I found this! This plaque is on the wall by the little fishing lake.

it's hard to read, because I took the pic with my cell phone. Wyatt Earp really was in that canyon.

Three Questions! ;D

1.) Were the houses still there?
2.) Why didn't you detect?
3.) What signs? No hunting?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread