What happened to the California Forum?????

pokerdad911

Mar 25, 2008
O.C CA.
Detector(s) used
Whites Idx Pro - DFX
Yeah, what the heck. Nobody likes to post here? I would but nobody ever looks in here. I have a post thats been here for a long while now. I will check back 2morrow. Who wants to hunt monday? PM me.

Pokerdad

OP
OP
kuger

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pokerdad911 said:
Yeah, what the heck. Nobody likes to post here? I would but nobody ever looks in here. I have a post thats been here for a long while now. I will check back 2morrow. Who wants to hunt monday? PM me.

Pokerdad
Actually we were talking about a seperate website forum all together.The California Metal detecting site,Kinzlicoils,check it out!! :wink:

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think with Facebook a lot of people are now in a smaller localized " cliche ". That and the fact that Tnet went down a couple of times, " may " have soured some people. As for me, I have been very busy trying to launch a new site and the new Dezert Magazine. I have been searching a TON of stories and just really don't have a ton of time available- yet I'm here now- lol...... I have tried to contact Marc for nearly 2 months and he doesn't return any of my emails, and that was to advertise here ( meaning to put some money in his pocket ). I wonder why someone would not contact someone else when there is money involved.... money that could help their site?!?!? Anyway have fun all.....

http://www.dezertmagazine.com/

PLL

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Jeff,
I know about the link for advertising, but I have talked to Marc as well about a different proposal, and then nothing the last 5 emails.... If you can help I would TRULY appreciate it...

Thx
PLL

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
PLL, what you have to remember is, someone (like Marc) who starts and runs a big forum like this has become over 15+ yrs, is bound to be besieged with tons of emails every day. Ie.: everyone "has an idea" or a question, or an issue, or ..... whatever. It's easy for you and I to think "what's so hard about returning an email?", but when you or I get a couple of emails per day, we just can't comprehend. And believe me, everyone of those people who try to email him, to them, it's of utmost importantance ::) To them, their idea is just "common sense". To them, Marc should be their best friend, and they just don't understand why they're not getting a reply. You know, people with questions on how to post pictures, how to delete, and other such tech-questions. Advertising ideas, issues with other posters, treasure that marc should look into, blah blah blah. I got a small taste of this a president of a brick & mortar club. Every new guest brings their gripes, ideas, issues, etc... to me, as if I must somehow answer them, address them, prove or disprove their latest treasure lead, etc....

Example: I know a fellow, for instance, who was 40 yrs. into this, with much technological back-ground in electronics, detecting, etc.. And he had a "heart of gold" and loved to help people. He'd chime in to threads, etc... And sure enough, people saw his intellect on the various matters, and sought him out for personal one-on-one with their individual questions, comments, etc.... Well, it turns out that another fellow who used to live in that guy's city and state, re-located to my area of CA. As I began to hunt together with this guy, he told me that this tech fellow would literally be on the computer for HOURS every night, *just* to answer the emails, and give each of them due attention, consideration, feed-back, etc.... In fact, it even got to the point where he was on the phone with beginners, etc..... If it hadn't been for his being semi-retired, and a love of typing out things, he wouldn't have even had time for that. And we're just talking one guy who just chimes in on threads, like the the rest of us. I only give you that, as an example of what you don't often see, behind the scenes, of someone who takes it on themselves to do such things, is that they get bombarded.

Before I heard of the hours and sweat it took to nightly read and answer this one guy's emails, I simply had no idea. In fact, I too had emailed this fellow (before I became friends of the person who actually knew him) for more specific technical followup on a vintage machine. And I remember being sort of quizzical of why it took him days to reply, or why he hadn't fully answered a question, or why I had to ask two times, etc... It simply never dawned on me, that ...... unlike myself, he got dozens upon dozens of emails per day, and each one, thinks that they're the only one, or the most compelling email that simply must be addressed, etc....

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have NO idea what this thread is about. You posted here in the California forum, so why are you asking what happened to it?

.... and to think this is still an on going topic - 18 months later - man....

As far as missing a lot here... yup - it's impossible to keep up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions