Taking Grandkids to Disneyland (Anaheim),Where would be a good place to detect ?

fng68

Nov 5, 2004
Beaver County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, X-Terra 70,Tiger Shark,Garrett CWIII,Ace 250

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Ron: It depends on what you're into. I mean, are you content with just clad in sandboxes and modern type park hunting? Then just go to any park. Anaheim (and nearly all of developed Orange county) is almost all post WWII-ish sprawl (aside from a few very small downtown districts). Prior to the 1950s, Orange county was very different, and sparsely populated, compared to now.

Or are you in to beach hunting? All the beaches are open, with no restrictions, so just go to any one. Not much erosion at this time of year though, but you can certainly watch the tides and swells charts to see when/where sand movement may be occuring.

Or were you referring to some other sort of hunting?

OP
OP
fng68

fng68

Nov 5, 2004
Beaver County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, X-Terra 70,Tiger Shark,Garrett CWIII,Ace 250
Thanks Tom,
I may just hit close by parks,and check tides maybe even find a vollyball area by the beach.
I always dreamt of detecting your fine state,here is my chance.We're visiting grandkids in Phoenix,they are on spring break,so we're driving.
Last time we were in CA we went to Santa Monica pier,sure wish I had my detector then. I'm just happy to be able to hunt.There are so many options,I'll be out somewhere tomorrow at first light.Monday park, tuesday beach, doesn't get any better! I'm be in heaven.LOL

Thanks,
Ron

S

stefen

Re: Taking Grandkids to Disneyland (Anaheim),Where would be a good place to dete

Try hunting by the Newport Beach pier...and don't worry about the sand movement...won't be any.

Lots of gold and silver rings and jewelry to be found...

There is a low wall between the sand and the adjacent parking...this is a key area because people stack their belonging on the wall when loading and unloading their cars...

To the right of the dory fleet fish market is also a good area...

By the way, go south on I-5 Freeway which joins the 55-South...take that across Pacific Coast Highway and stay in the right lane and proceed onto the righthand lane of the 'Y' until you get to the Pier...take plenty of quarters for parking...

Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sun glare and possible black eyes (eyeballing the girls) :laughing7:

Have fun

By the way, forget the volleyball areas...no pockets in bathing suits...its a waste of time...

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pearson park near downtown Anaheim has been hit fairly often but there might be some unfound treasures.
If you have time (about 1 hour ea way) I too would suggest either Newport Beach or Huntington Beach.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Reading this for the first time today. Did you get out here yet and if so what luck? Anaheim has a large population of armature soccer clubs so the Fields they use can turn up some goodies. I've often dreamt of detecting inside Disneyland itself especially under the roller coaster type rides.

S

stefen

Urban Prospector said:
Reading this for the first time today. Did you get out here yet and if so what luck? Anaheim has a large population of armature soccer clubs so the Fields they use can turn up some goodies. I've often dreamt of detecting inside Disneyland itself especially under the roller coaster type rides.

When touring the backside of Disneyland with a major onsite contractor for the Submarine ride, we were informed that they found 2000 lbs of coins during renovation that had been accumlating for over 60 years.

Combined with dirt and congealed oils, the coins were taken to a local dump because it was near impossible to to clean...and nobody wanted them or was willing to make an effort to clean and recycle.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Never crossed my mind till I read that but I've thrown money in that wishing well myself. Actually it was at the sub. There was silver for sure there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread