Lower Weber Creek (repost)

goldhorn

Jan 18, 2011
i was just there today,if you are talking about the tailing piles on the high banks that extend for hundreds of feet and their are a bunch of little flumes all over the place, i have spent alot of time around there please reply to this add if you wanna talk about this place. if this pic comes thru this is some of tha gold found less than 3 miles from that spot

Attachments

• Photo 28.jpg
    Photo 28.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 921

BriarRose

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2014
San Joaquin County, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, we're looking to try our luck at the confluence of SFAR and Weber Creek, but can't find a trail or road map to get there. Based on google maps, it looks like the access from Kanaka Valley Road is gated off. Any suggestions? Would love to hear back. :)

Lotus Geologist

Jan 6, 2014
Lotus/Coloma, California
Detector(s) used
MXT, TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BriarRose, that area of Weber Creek is under active claim and you can be cited for mineral trespass if prospecting there. There are lots of nearby areas not under claim... Please do your due diligence and make sure you are not on a claim.

L.G.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cuz you just might get shot....

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
BriarRose The corner area of the river downstream from Weber and blocked off by gate from Kanaka Valley Road is a DFG scientific study. No one is allowed to access the area by land unless they have an academic study permit from DFG. You probably would not want to get caught there either.......Go down to the bridge at Salmon Falls and work your way upstream. Plenty of gold there.

Goldenmojo

BriarRose

Tenderfoot
Mar 19, 2014
San Joaquin County, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you for the responses! I did read a few BLM docs on that area. Looks like a very nice and interesting place, too bad there's no public access. This is only our 2nd time prospecting and I really appreciate the input. :)

goldhorn

Jan 18, 2011
shoot away Im panning and there's no signs here

gold crusher isnt todd.. its a guy named mike, we call him "micron"hehe.. but i do know todd and this isnt on their claims but what a funny post you thinking mike was todd. fyi I live here. thats a 23 gram nugget found by me in the picture above one summer way back when.

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have access to near the areas discussed via a trail from my home in El Dorado Hills. If anyone would like to join me on a detector trip into the area contact me. I can also access the south side of the South Fork of the American river at several locations from my home.

findgold58

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have access to near the areas discussed via a trail from my home in El Dorado Hills. If anyone would like to join me on a detector trip into the area contact me. I can also access the south side of the South Fork of the American river at several locations from my home.
Hi,
I'll join you in a detector trip, I live in Cameron Park.

Ed144

Apr 27, 2015
Saddlebrooke, Pinal County, Az.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom and XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi,
I'll join you in a detector trip, I live in Cameron Park.
I'd join you but I'm kicking rocks out in Arizona now. My California detecting days are over. There is a way to access the South Fork of the American river if you are ok with hiking about 5 miles. Green Valley Rd east, Deer Valley Rd North, take the left fork at Kanaka Valley Rd. Down this road a ways is a BLM turn-out on the west side and a trail head with signs. This trail can be followed westerly across the meadows, up the hill and becomes an old dirt road. Follow this along the east side of the tallest hill and take a trail that forks right or east. Follow this trail down into the canyon to the east and it will lead all the way to a remote spot on the river. There is good panning and sluicing at this spot. Use GoogleEarth to review the route. Watch out for ticks. In the spring they will be everywhere on green grasses. There are also mountain lions in this area. It is all part of the Pine Hill Preserve nature area. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread