Stanislaus County

darthoblio

Jun 19, 2010
When I lived in San Diego County I was constantly busy researching old sites and finding relics. I have everything from prehistoric stone tools to about 250 meteorite fragments from down there. Last summer we moved up to Modesto, and I'm still familiarizing myself with the area. So far I have not found anything interesting in town. Anyone live in this area that can give me some ideas?

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just moved from the deserts in socal Where are you looking in modesto? I don't have a vehicle and need a partner

Mortamus

Jun 9, 2012
Southern Callie
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you having any luck up here around modesto? Lots of coins in the parks but i want to get in the gold bearing creeks etc.. any ideas ? I'm in NE Modesto

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
When I lived in San Diego County I was constantly busy researching old sites and finding relics. I have everything from prehistoric stone tools to about 250 meteorite fragments from down there. Last summer we moved up to Modesto, and I'm still familiarizing myself with the area. So far I have not found anything interesting in town. Anyone live in this area that can give me some ideas?

Depends on what you're looking for. If you're into nuggets and prospecting, then needless to say: You're not far from the sierra nevada's @ nugget producing regions. If you're into relicky ghost townsy type hunting, then there are lots of old long-gone homesites and miner tent-city zones you can research. In addition to keeping your eyes out for old-town urban demolition site tearouts. If you're into turf, there's no shortage of little towns all around you. Each of which will have a park or two. I'm pulled silver coins from parks around you. Although that was probably decades ago now :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions