Weekend at Iowa Hill Bridge

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here goes....

Attempting my first post !

I'm in my 1st season of prospecting / panning.... So Yes, I have the fever :) I already want to start moving more material so after making a trial sluice w/ some scrap metal I have been working on a fluid bed sluice, borrowing from some designs found on this site & others....

Hope the Pic's show up, took brother n law out for his first time. He caught some small mouth bass in the river? This is from sat & sun at Iowa Hill Rd, up river from the bridge. Was by far the best (2) day's i've had. Found my biggest piece so far ! No idea weight yet, I'll try and update after I go to minning store.

Have so many question's now....method of recovery, area, etc, etc., etc...

Want to thank "Goodyguy", "Fullpan", "kevinincolorado" & "63bkpkr", probly all of treasure.net !...never spoke to any of you, yet...But your post's & others have been a Huge help for me. Could not have done this without your guy's help.

Photo0262 (2).jpg Photo0256.jpg P1010012.JPG P1010015.JPG

OP
OP
ALewis

ALewis

Aug 20, 2013
East Bay, Northern Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought it'd be fun to revisit one of my 1st post's !
Below is my most recent trip, still same area, but finding a lil more AU....

CAM00198.jpg

CAM00199.jpg

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good grief..where is Iowa Hill Road? great pics...

Most important two letter word sentence... "If it is to be, it is up to me"

H&F909ORO

Dec 26, 2013
California East Bay
Primary Interest:
Other
Good grief..where is Iowa Hill Road? great pics... Most important two letter word sentence... "If it is to be, it is up to me"

It passes through a campground named Mineral Bar in a town called Colfax. Can't miss it. Look it up on some maps it's right off the 80.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good grief..where is Iowa Hill Road? great pics... Most important two letter word sentence... "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Iowa hill, is a legend in itself

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry guys.. I guess I had a brain fart ;) I guess I got excited about the pictures of gold.. when you mentioned Mineral Bar and Colfax it jared my memory.. the little time that I've spent on the North Fork has usually been at Yankee Jim's.. most of my time has been spent on the other side of 80.. on the Bear River above the Dog Bar bridge or up on the Yuba...My one trip to Mineral Bar ended up being an overnighter because of the rain slicked roads..caused me to miss my sis in law's wedding rehearsal...( my story and I'm sticking to it)...

Most important two letter word sentence.. "If it is to be, it is up to me"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread