Looking for new friends to go prospecting with in Nor Cal

unbrokendreamz

Greenie
Aug 31, 2013
Carmichael CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi, my name is Jessica, I live in the Carmichael CA area.

Hopefully I posted this in the correct area.

I am kinda new to gold prospecting. I have been prospecting since June of this year. My son got me into it lol. Over the summer time I was in Oregon for a few weeks (my parents live there). My son and i went down to the creek and I had forgot that he bought a sluice box, I asked him how to use it and he showed me, after a few buckets full of gravel/sand we found a few tiny pieces of gold. It was pretty exciting to find out that the creek running through my parents property has gold in it. After a bunch of research I actually found out that there is claims for sale up above from my parents about 6-10 miles up the creek. Ever since I have been intrigued, I have done some research and found some areas in california that have open panning. I have went to bear river, and colfax so far. Bear river i didn't do to well, but in colfax I was quite pleased with the little bit I did find.

I would like to meet up with others in the area that like to gold prospect too, my family (younger kids and fiance') hates it and they are just a downer to go on day trips with to the rivers. So i'm looking for some new friends to go prospecting with lol. I'm glad I found this forum, its very informational, I have spent hours reading it the last few months and finally decided to join.

I am open to any type of prospecting, however I don't have a metal detector currently. But i do have a sluice, a few pans, some tools, and a gold spiral similar to the desert fox (I only use this at home tho). I am open to traveling just about anywhere in CA/NV, possibly oregon. Now that school is back in session weekends are my only free days.

I used to love to hike back when I was younger, I'm sure I can still do it with a few min breaks haha. I love to camp and fish as well but currently don't have a fishing license but can always obtain one. I was born and raised in Oregon, so I may live in the city but I was raised in the country lol.

Here is a few pics of the lil bit of gold I did find in Colfax ca. This is just hand panning, The river didn't have a fast enough current to sluice. I don't think I did too bad for only 10 hours total. I hope sometime soon I can find my first picker nugget lol, but don't we all..

If anyone is interested let me know by via PM or email. [email protected]

Thanks again,
Jessica

P1120787.JPG P1120786.JPG

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi,

I,m a member of the motherlode gold hound club out of Auburn. It is a fun family gold prospecting club. Check it out at http://www.goldhounds.com

We have lots o outings.

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be in the colas area every so often this summer. Wouldn't mind finding new people to get out there and learn with or from

Loyd

Jan 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out yesterday and found a old mine on 49 with a nice dry stream bed with nice bedrock found one nice nugget

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread