anyone want to metal detect goleta / santa barbara area?

simbad42

Nov 10, 2013
Santa Barbara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There's a club in Santa Barbara area, if I'm not mistaken.

ddfx digger

Jan 13, 2015
santa barbara
Detector(s) used
White`s dfx - Gold bug II - Minelab sv2200v2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I`ve worked the area if what was the old lemon orchard ( so. of home ) and never had a luck with old silver. There are a couple of footings on north end of the property line. Picked out a merc and a rosie and a few Wheaties. Returned a few times with no more good finds. They recently put a walk path through the lawn area east side of home and discarded the existing soil nearby which yielded only clads. I believe their going to drain the lake this year? maybe when dozers start moving the silt and soil, low an slow is the way to go. P.S. asked permission to hunt where the old red barn was ( close to street ) on a Monday and was declined. jus` a FYI Happing huntin`

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
ddfx-digger, what "lake" are you speaking of, that has plans for draining ?

1krazeepolack

Sep 1, 2009
Buckeye, Az
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
try as hard as you can, to try getting permission to hunt the old nieghborhood HOUSES in D T S.B. If you can find old fire pits or BBQ areas, you should do well on older silver coins. I lived there for 29 years, & did very well on those OLD homes. If you ever get the chance, along Cota st between Milpas & S.B. st, that used to be a dump eons ago- 3-4 feet down in any water main breaks or such diggings can get you old bottles & such. I never did real well on the beaches, but way out 101 where the canyons empty into the ocean gave me two diamond rings back then. Good luck!! S.B. is too expensive for my pocketbook.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread