Trabuco canyon gold newb

Rschooler

Greenie
Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. Rob from Costa Mesa, my wife and I are looking to try out our new little sluice box we got. It's a busy travel weekend and I would usually pan in the Big Bear area but traffic is going to be awful. Going camping in the sierras in June and we just would like to test out our sluice to try to get the hang of it. Any advice or help in trabuco would be more than just appreciated. We are an honest nice young couple that just love an adventure in the outdoors. Thanks for any help guys!

OP
OP
R

Rschooler

Greenie
Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well friends it looks like we will be going up the hill to rebuild some stairs at our cabin after all. After that's done it's time to sluice!! Pics and update to follow this weekend. If anyone will be in the big bear area and would like to join forces we would love to meet some new people!

Herby D

May 7, 2014
So Cal via Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never heard of anyone pulling gold out of the Trabucco.. it might be worth your drive up to the East Fork of the San Gabriel River.. there's some great prospecting clubs down in your area..you might want to check them out.. they're always looking for folks like you... Good luck in Big Bear.. Have you ever tried Holcomb Valley?

Most important two letter word sentence... "If it is to be, it is up to me"

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rschooler,

Herby is correct. Just take the 55N from Costa Mesa to the 91, to the 57N. 210W to Azusa, then North into the canyon, or you can go East on the 210 from the 57 to Lytle Creek. There is some gold being panned out there.

Mike

Sideways Sherry

May 7, 2014
Currently in Arden, NC. Previously in SoCal, NoCal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Rob, today was my first time ever panning for gold. I went to the San Gabriel River East Fork as everyone has suggested. Here is my first ever clean out...

Attachments

• image-2670920598.jpg
    image-2670920598.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 229
OP
OP
R

Rschooler

Greenie
Mar 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Thanks for all the replies and advice everyone! Looks like we will be making a trek to Azusa pretty soon. Did a couple test holes near a spot I've had a little success at in holcomb valley before. Not much luck this time. Came away with one good sized flake haha. It's the adventure that dictates the time you have though and we enjoyed our selves quite a bit. Spent most of our weekend working on the family cabin so unfortunately we didn't get to spend much time in the backcountry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions