Lets Be Friends. Gold.

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's Be Friends. Gold.

East Coaster here with visions of some dirty CA gold, I know I'm not alone in that regard, however I don't know a soul in CA! I'd like the change that since prospecting is always better with friends! If anyone wanted to organize a meet and greet, open invitations, BBQ (yum) this would be a good place to do it!

Myself, I'm a youngin (25) in desperate need of friends that share the fever.. hard to talk about gold with the uninfected :laughing7:
As it turns out most people my age dont find mining, geology, or due diligence (research/history) very interesting so I find myself making friends with a slightly older, or perhaps more eccentric, crowd.

Seriously though, I'd love to meet some folks out there sometime soon and I know I'm not the only one! :coffee2:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Most of the prospector nugget buffs are along or in the sierra nevada hills. I'm on the coast, 2+ hrs. from the nearest gold producing regions. So I never got into that aspect of the hobby.

Hamfist

Aug 1, 2014
SoCal
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you moving here or just visiting? And which part of the state? I'm in my 30's and in SoCal. Currently wearing a cast but should be back at it by the time it cools off.

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm also in my 30s located in So cal Riverside county. I'm Interested in placer or hard rock prospecting. Feel free to hit me up too.

NoobProspector

Jul 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm also in SoCal, new to prospecting and very down for some gold huntin'.

OP
OP
G

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone doing anything interesting for the winter? I don't prospect alone, just not safe for me right now.

Also I'm pretty amazed (not really) at the lack of responses in the golden state o.o I feel like a lot of the reason this hobby / industry is dwindled to where it is because of the hostile nature the fever seems to bring out in many. It's created a cut throat paranoid community regardless of origins / location from what I've noticed... like be a bit more friendly, damn. Be nice to other people you meet in the woods instead of "piss off this is a federal mining claim" it just instantly throws people on the defensive no matter how right you are. Bring friends with you... get people interested before it's all but a memory. Just kinda sad to see I guess. Not everyone is like this of course... met plenty that are happy to have you dig with them and shoot the **** *coughcough**cough*

Last edited:

blaineh21

Greenie
Dec 10, 2017
Duarte CA
Detector(s) used
looking to buy one
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
East Coaster here with visions of some dirty CA gold, I know I'm not alone in that regard, however I don't know a soul in CA! I'd like the change that since prospecting is always better with friends! If anyone wanted to organize a meet and greet, open invitations, BBQ (yum) this would be a good place to do it!

Myself, I'm a youngin (25) in desperate need of friends that share the fever.. hard to talk about gold with the uninfected :laughing7:
As it turns out most people my age dont find mining, geology, or due diligence (research/history) very interesting so I find myself making friends with a slightly older, or perhaps more eccentric, crowd.

Seriously though, I'd love to meet some folks out there sometime soon and I know I'm not the only one! :coffee2:

Im brand new but want to get my hands dirty I live in azusa right near the east fork on the san gabriel river

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been away for a wile but eager to go sluicing. I brought 3 buckets of cons back from the mountains and panning at home no gold yet one bucket to go lol.

melo11

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live near Joshua Tree and looking for people to go detecting with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions