Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Everyone,
Just wanted to give everyone an early heads up on my NEW project, the Mojave Roadhouse Podcast. I have been in contact with a ton of historical societies, as well as historians and other people of interest to locate any and all of the old timers. Or as many as are able and willing to tell their story or stories... It's time someone when out and preserved the knowledge that they acquired over their lifetime... I'm about a month away before we officially "launch" the site, but I wanted to let all of you know first... Btw, if you know of anyone that you think might be a GREAT guest, please send me a private message and we can take it from there...

Thx Everyone!!!

mojave.png

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw, Old Bookaroo I would REALLY like to see if we can talk via phone... Please send me a message if you are interested... THX!!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
are you speaking of long-time md'rs ? Or are you speaking of people with a knowledge of CA history ?

Back when I first started in the late 1970s, I remember talking to old-timers in the convelescent home near my house, who were recalling their picnic and camp sites of the 1910's and '20s. But now ..... nearly 40 yrs. later, about the earliest any of the current old people recall, is from the 1940s of their youth.

But if you're talking old-timers to remember the early days of detecting, I would love to see your finished results. I used to talk to guy who'd started in this hobby in the early 1960s. Some of them are gone now :(

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Tom,
I am trying to contact people who are related to someone in history, or have been involved in mining, exploration, pioneering etc. For example, I just finished interviewing the great grandson of Issac Polhamus, who was the longest lasting Colorado River boat captain working between Yuma and Needles... He had some GREAT personal information about what the captain was like and his life. For mdr's this info can be important, because it will talk about areas where the boats were scuttled or lost... But for me, it's a way to preserve the history for future generations... And it makes for something cool to listen to while on your way to work, or coming home...

PLL

OP
OP
pegleglooker

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
The OFFICIAL start date will be August 1st!!!! I will have 3 interviews to begin with, the first is an interview with a local legend named Jumping Jill Hayes, the second will be with Ken Layne the owner of the Desert Oracle and lastly I will be interviewing John Polhamus Great grandson of Issac Polhamus. Issac worked as a river boat captain on the Colorado River for over 50 years!!!

Mojave Roadhouse | Awesome Audio Adventures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread