Jan 17, 2008
FAR NOR CAL
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Xlt , Minelab Equinox 800 , Fisher Goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
handyman213 said:
hi all im new to this forum and M/D'n & prospecting! i see some of you are from redding area looking to find others to hunt with! lemme no jay
Hello Jay, Welcome to the wonderful world of Metal detecting. My name is Terry and I live in Shasta Lake and I have been Metal Detecting for about 13 years and I have done really well but lately I have been busy with my job and lacking places to hunt, If you have any ideas of places to go just let me know and maybe we could go hit them sometime. Good Luck and Happy Hunting.

DaCapt

Apr 24, 2011
Reno,Nevada
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I'm from Old station (up by Lassen Park) If you ever want to get together,give me a shout. I have a few spots up here that have potential, and its cooler here too! LOL!!

[email protected]

Thanks, Phil

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
handyman213 said:
hi all im new to this forum and M/D'n & prospecting! i see some of you are from redding area looking to find others to hunt with! lemme no jay.
Hello: Do not pay attention about people who say they can pay @ whiskeytown for a metal detector permit, NO metal detector USE on Whiskey Town Property! The Ranger swooped down on me last Summer when my son and I were walking on the side of the road, I had my metal detector in a case, I was warned metal detectors are not allowed in whiskey town, I happened to be Off Hwy 299 & Trinity Road Half way before entering French Gulch. I also has a "No parking day fee" warning ( thought I was in French Gulch and the area was NOT marked "Day use fee required".) Tip: There is a lot of (BLM), Breau of land management areas which do allow metal detecting! Also check for "private property" posted signs. I would never try Brandy Creek, Whiskey Town Lake(s) on map. The Fish & Game and the forest rangers Dress in Camo! and I saw them pull cars over and issue speeding Tickets on Eureka/Hwy 299 WhiskeyTown. Watch out!

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm curious. is the permit specifically for metal detecting?

I'm sure you couldn't detect in Old Shasta as it's a historical site, and as I understand it, you can't detect in any historical site in California.
Swazey Road has a park in shasta and dry gulch off Hwy 99 are in Shasta and Metal Detecting is allowed in the parks also all BML land.

Nov 10, 2013
Tehema Co. CA
Detector(s) used
Accurate Locators , Fisher, etc, etc.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your friend was lucky, not just for what he found, but because he wasn't arrested. I worked at the Old Shasta park and town...and it is illegal to use a metal dectector there. Anything found belongs to the park. I'm a treasure hunter in Tehema county, not just metal detecting.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Your friend was lucky, not just for what he found, but because he wasn't arrested. I worked at the Old Shasta park and town...and it is illegal to use a metal dectector there. Anything found belongs to the park. I'm a treasure hunter in Tehema county, not just metal detecting.

Really ? A buddy of mine found a large cent around the ruins of the old Shasta foundations. Those ruins visible right off the road. I guess he didn't ask enough questions. Ouch. :dontknow: Ok, where does he turn it in to ??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread