92841 Orange County Calif?

S

Scots Gaelic

Anyone out there?

I have back in the "hobbie" for two years. I mainly hunt the "hunted out park" near work, for an hour before work & 1/2 an hour at lunch. In 2 yrs I have found approx $350 in change, old Long Beach Ferry Tokens, 1940's foreign coins, and about 800 in gold. Oh, can't forget the billions of pull tabs (since I hunt in All Metal).

Just wondering if anyone is from around here, and is willing hunt together sometime?

Self info = I am a long haired 38 yr old married male, who is a financial consultant. I use a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, and very addicted to this "hobbie"!

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
There's some orange county guys posting/reading on the kinzli California forum.

I just got back from a business trip down that way. While eating lunch near the Santa Monica pier, I noticed an urban demolition site (earthwork demolition covering an entire block) just in from the Santa Monica pier entrance. Someone should hit that. It's an old area, right? And although the buildings torn out might not have been that old, no doubt they were 2nd or 3rd generation on that site.

As for the fences, I authorize you, and anyone reading this, to help yourself after 5pm when the workers are gone ;D

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Hunted out? Lol! said:
Anyone out there?

I have back in the "hobbie" for two years. I mainly hunt the "hunted out park" near work, for an hour before work & 1/2 an hour at lunch. In 2 yrs I have found approx $350 in change, old Long Beach Ferry Tokens, 1940's foreign coins, and about 800 in gold. Oh, can't forget the billions of pull tabs (since I hunt in All Metal).

Just wondering if anyone is from around here, and is willing hunt together sometime?

Self info = I am a long haired 38 yr old married male, who is a financial consultant. I use a Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II, and very addicted to this "hobbie"!

Hi-de-ho!!! , Hunted out? Lol!

Do any beach hunting on weekends and or gold prospecting at San Gabriel MT????
Rob

OP
OP
S

Scots Gaelic

I have yet to go prospecting, though it is something I really would like to do. Was going to go w/ my best friend, but he decided to get in a motorcycle accident, so that trip is postponed for awhile.

Beaches, I have only been to the beach 2x, just found clad, about $2 the 1st time & $10 the 2nd.

I usually just hunt the park, in the last 2 years, I have found approx. $300 in clad, $40 in older keepers, & $400 in gold and silver.

I have been trying to save up for an Minelab Explorer SE, since this BH is only good for 4-6".

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Hunted out? Lol! said:
I have yet to go prospecting, though it is something I really would like to do. Was going to go w/ my best friend, but he decided to get in a motorcycle accident, so that trip is postponed for awhile.

Beaches, I have only been to the beach 2x, just found clad, about $2 the 1st time & $10 the 2ND.

I usually just hunt the park, in the last 2 years, I have found approx. $300 in clad, $40 in older keepers, & $400 in gold and silver.

I have been trying to save up for an Minelab Explorer SE, since this BH is only good for 4-6".

Cool... sounds like you are doing well at the parks. Wow the SE would be a great machine to test drive for sure.

1-100 kHz you can't go wrong.Hope you will finally get one.
:icon_sunny:

The prospecting I've just now started still need to buy a sluice box, and blue bowel or genie wheel I have a few buckets of consentrate I know contains gold just needs to separate it. Got a little $$$ in my hand totally forgot about the prospecting equipment and got a fisher 1236x2 goes deep with the threshold. I have also hunted San Gabriel MT alot of trash but I have recover alot of change up there and a few rings. Will be getting the sluice and blue bowel or genie wheel soon be nice to pull some nuggets out at 1000 an ounch.

Happy Hunting will send ya an e-mail
Rob :occasion14:

OP
OP
S

Scots Gaelic

Iwish you the best and more.

How often do you go prospecting and aprox how long do you go for?

Are you going to buy a sluice box or make one yourself?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread