Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Joe,
Ok so here's the question then. If you have a claim, how do you get to it ?? Does the hatchery have to let you through ( with your 4x4 ) ? Do you have to walk it in ?? Can you bring equipment to your claim ?? and where is the BLM station that covers that area ???

PLL

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Anaheim Ca and Quartzsite Az
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
Just like any small canyon, pack it in pack it out. I have done this with my dry washer and two people. now all I use is a detector. One thing is to use that web site as a tool look at the closed mining claims. If there was not gold there they would not have filled the claim. Also look on the other side of the 10 and around the city of P.S. using the closed claims. There is much better hunting too the east and too the south depending were you live. I spend most of my time to the east and southeast.

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
pegleglooker said:
so if youhave a claim you can work it in anyway, washer, metal detector etc ??

PLL

Read this and you will get the right info. www.blm.gov/pgdata/etc/medialib/blm...ining_law.Par.56895.File.dat/MiningClaims.pdf

This should help you out. The BLM Ca, web site has all the info you will ever need about mining claims.
Right now I am working on a Spanish Treasure Hunt. When I get done around march maybe we can hook up and get some color down by Yuma.
I have a place down in Blythe. Lot of color on the other side of the river.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey joe,
That sounds like a solid plan...I would like the chance to go and enjoy.... and maybe get a little color ;D ;D ;D

Thankx
PLL

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
PLL,

This is what i am working on now.

Attachments

• img_0547.jpg
    img_0547.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 3,075
  • img_0525.jpg
    img_0525.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2,674
  • img_0547.jpg
    img_0547.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 2,607
  • img_0525.jpg
    img_0525.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 2,587

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Joe,
I am assuming that the pixs are from whitewater and if so that's amazing.... I gotta go back and check my foto's now. I didn't even try to look for anything in the pixs, just that it was a decent shot. I REALLY wanted to go out today ( I was thinking with all the rain, the waterflow should be great ), but then the rain just kept coming...I want to get out next week then, and take a look around. Thankx for pixs....

PLL

Yellow Hammer

Nov 17, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200v2/GP4500
No these are not from white water. They are from a hunt I am working on now (Spanish treasure). You know the routine, I won't tell where this is until it is over. But I found this 1700's Spanish site while nugget busting. All the faces were carved by the Spanish.

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I agree, if any gold is in that canyon it will be 30 feet plus under the overburden. The canyon was carved out by a glacier. If you look south of the Hwy. 10 Whitewater River Bridge you’ll see boulders that got left behind by an ancient glacier.

JFYI:
Mining claims are taken away or locked up by the government all the time. I don’t believe there are any active gold claims in that area. You can also look claims up on the LR2000 program. Or you can also go to the BLM office in Palm Springs, located just off Hwy. 10 @ the Indian Canyon exit, down the street from the Pilot along the freeway.

DIRTPICKERSTAN

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2008
Ant said:
I agree, if any gold is in that canyon it will be 30 feet plus under the overburden. The canyon was carved out by a glacier. If you look south of the Hwy. 10 Whitewater River Bridge you’ll see boulders that got left behind by an ancient glacier.

I have read somewhere that the east side of Whitewater Cyn is the San Andreas Fault ?
We have hike Mission Creek Preserve to the extreme western boundry and they have markers showing directions to Whitewater as if the two preserves are connected.

Stan

highdesertranger

Sep 23, 2008
so kalifornia
Detector(s) used
gmt, falcon md20
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey metal head and others, just wanted to let you all know went to this area on dec 31 didn't have a lot of time hunted for about 3 hrs appox 1 mile north of the i-10 west of the canyon road worked up a wash maybe 1/4 mile. worked up and back didn't find any gold but lots of shell casings and bullet frags lot of hardware ie nuts, bolts, washers. also lots of foil gum wrappers. did not see sign of mining from the past. did find 4 square nails. but no gold. also fyi drove to the ranger station first and talked to the ranger told him i wanted to md for gold and what area. he said he saw no problem with that. one last thing the signs there are very misleading and confusing several signs say area closed but the same sign says open i pointed this out to him all he said was he knew and was trying to do something about it. anyone have any luck here, also more info on rattlesnake canyon. thanks all.
highdesertranger

andeej111

Feb 1, 2010
i would like to find Lawrence Crossley's relatives to interview for a documentary. Can you please respond here and we can try to connect.
Thank you.

pegleglooker

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang,
There is a also a small story connected to this as well. In Desert Magazine March 1966 there is a story of a Yuma payroll be robbed and maybe still hid somewhere near Whitewater and the Devils Garden.... Here's the story....

EndlessEd1.jpg

EndlessEd2.jpg

TheGoldHunter

Aug 28, 2011
Ok ....So I recently retired from my field of many years and dropping out of the rat race 9 to 5 hussle .

Who wants to join me in my serious quest for gold . I want a bud or partner { male or female } to hunt with and find gold . We can share gas and split gold profit 50/50 .
Someone 48 or over hopefully with a 4 wheel drive vehicle like me . I want us to have the best chance at finding gold . Without really costing us other
than time , effort and gas . I have just just started weeks ago and already learned a couple tricks . See the photo .

Then if your serious write me at ..... im 2 mysterious @ yahoo .com
And send age , name & number
I'm in the banning area

Attachments

• My Gold Nugget.jpg
    My Gold Nugget.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,082

treasurechest

Mar 27, 2011
Hemet, California
Detector(s) used
I don't own one YET.
pegleglooker said:
hey Joe,
I am assuming that the pixs are from whitewater and if so that's amazing.... I gotta go back and check my foto's now. I didn't even try to look for anything in the pixs, just that it was a decent shot. I REALLY wanted to go out today ( I was thinking with all the rain, the waterflow should be great ), but then the rain just kept coming...I want to get out next week then, and take a look around. Thankx for pixs....

PLL

There are a few stone faces and such in that canyon. Right as you park at the preserve, and are entering the mouth of the canyon, look up and right. It looks like a face on top of the hill wearing a bandanna on it's head. follow the trail, and you'll occasionally see more faces. Spanish? I don't know, but it's pretty neat. I think I know where a mine is in that canyon. It's where the PCT intersects it. I'm not entirely positive it's a mine, but it sure looks like one that got closed up at some point. I think there's gold in that canyon too. It seems like the gold from the hills north of there would have washed down into the canyon over the last few million years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread