Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Banning, California
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey Kg,
Did you ever find anything about the coin ?? Any idea what it's worth ?? Do you have any pics of after it was cleaned ( I'm assuming it's been cleaned ). Sounds like a REALLY cool place to hunt... Have you gone back ? and if so what's the update ? Ok.... enough Q&A ;D ;D ;D ;D

PLL

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
kg6yll, as you know, people came from countries all around the world during the gold rush, to try their hand in CA, right? This included people coming up from Mexico and South America. The south american country that sent the largest amount of people, was Chile. LOTS of Chilean miners made their way up here. The reason was, there had been a gold rush down there years earlier. So there were a lot of experienced miners in those regions, already familiar with methods, etc.... For this reason, there is periodically Chilean coins (in addition to other coins of the world) found in gold rush era sites.

I found a copper Chilean coin, also from the 1840s or 50s, in a gold rush era site once. My research on that one, was what led me to this Chile/CA connection.

Nice find!

OP
OP
kg6yll

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Mackaydon said:
Consider the comma as a period: $4.00

I thought that it was too good to be true.

KG6YLL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions