JOHN NOBBSS GOLD MINE(2); HE FOUND IT IN A CAVE ONLY TO LOSE IT AGAIN.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
I have been on this one for the past three years and I think i found it?
This spring will tell.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:thumbsup:keep us updated

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love stories like this, and I think people have loved stories like this for a long time.

I just wonder how many were purely fictional, and printed to help to sell papers.

It is often a story about gold just waiting to be picked up off the ground.

I travel through Temiscaming every spring on a family fishing trip, this will be a good story to fire up my 4 nephews, as we cross the Ottawa river.

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
This story is very true and i know how it became a lost gold mine,at the risk of saying to much i will only give brief discriptions.
The reasons is i'm in the process in staking claims in the area

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we just travel through Temiscaming on our way to Kipawa. Annual family fishing trip since 1964. I've often wondered about the hidden mineral outcrops in the thick bush, and done some panning with minimal results. Beautiful country. Good luck with your search. Keep us posted.

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
If you look at a mineral map you would be amazed.If you were planing panning or metal detecting you could go to Cobalt for native silver {lots in the erea}

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Your opinion on cave formation?

On this mine search I found a very large crack on the rock face, large enought to swallow a man but partially covered with large broken rocks,so I have
built a rock mover and its ready for this spring.
Now in this erea I spotted calcite and limestone nearby,there are two such formation in the area
For caves to be formed we need both with water.The lake has been fluxtuating up & down for ions, this explain cave formations.
Now for gold nugget formation I think chlorine from limestone is beign released and leach gold particals only to be precipitate by another gas further on.
This is a none educated opinion but feel free to comment

Last edited:

Rugger

Mar 25, 2011
Well! still at it

Over time I became convince that this treasure does exist and have indications that kind of prove it does
I have been able to prospect the area on many occasions and I have secured permission to be on private property for camping , prospect.
Every time I go back I discover something I didn't know about the area. The site in question is extremely rugged and requires a lot of energy and beer
and patience's and get to meet great people.
Was there twice this year and still planning on going back again next year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread