Simcoe county area

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Hi everyone. I live in the states, but will be visiting relatives in the Simcoe county (Barrie/Orillia, Ontario) area for about a week beginning in late April. I've read that it's ok to bring a detector across the border, but just wanted to make sure this info is correct. Also if anyone knows about detecting regulations/laws for this area, please post. I will be mainly concentrating on looking for coins and jewelry in old parks (if this area has any), but would love to hunt private property, if I can get permission. Any help/info is appreciated. Thanks.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi everyone. I live in the states, but will be visiting relatives in the Simcoe county (Barrie/Orillia, Ontario) area for about a week beginning in late April. I've read that it's ok to bring a detector across the border, but just wanted to make sure this info is correct. Also if anyone knows about detecting regulations/laws for this area, please post. I will be mainly concentrating on looking for coins and jewelry in old parks (if this area has any), but would love to hunt private property, if I can get permission. Any help/info is appreciated. Thanks.

I've never heard of any law that prevents you from bringing a metal detector across the border. I know the area you refer quite well. Unless an area or park is posted off limits to metal detecting you can feel free to hunt away. If you decide to go the local municipality to ask for permission (that is not required) it is possible that someone... without legal authority... may advise you not to detect at such and such a local park.

Now provincial parks are a different matter. Check with the office at each park about their policy.

Jim.

OP
OP
C

Clad the Impaler

Jan 11, 2010
Thanks Jim. I didn't know that about provincial parks. I've already got my eye on quite a few spots in this area 8-) .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread