anyone in oshawa ontario?

OP
OP
D

dave7703

Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome..been out lately? ..where do yoi go around brampton?

puroman1

Greenie
Aug 24, 2013
Brampton, GTA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350 EURO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly getting practice in my back yard.I have some ideas of places in
Brampton,but there's always so many people everywhere and virtually
no open land anywhere.

I much prefer finding a MD friend for weekend day trips to old far out
areas.I am just as interested in seeing old places also.

OP
OP
D

dave7703

Mar 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im game anytime your up for a hunt

TorontoDigger

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Richmond Hill Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Garrett AT PRO International.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Garrett Edge Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Richmond hill area not far from you guys…
HH.

Axalotal

Jul 16, 2015
Oshawa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm from Oshawa

I'm from Oshawa, but sadly right now have no vehicle. If anyone is interested in going out sometime, I will gladly pay for gas and lunch.

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was born in Oshawa and grew up there and Bowmanville. There is a nice farmer bottle dump that I dug as a kid on Concession road in Bowmanville. Go down Concession and just before the old training school, which was actually a German POW camp in W.W.2, there is a small bridge that you cross. The small ridge on your right immediately after the bridge, and going up to a farm field was a farmers dump. I found neat stuff in there as a kid. So the bridge, training school on left, farmer dump to the right immediately after crossing. The trick for bottles is to look for brown rusty cans etc. Look up the sides of hills in the spring, no leaves on brush. Find rusty cans and junk, you may hit a sweet spot, bring a shovel.

otonabee

Nov 15, 2015
Bowmanville
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just a four minute walk from the bridge. walked my dog along that ridge for yrs. local kids used it for partying and paint ball. might have to wonder up there and have a fresh look
I do remember walking the property where the field meets the treeline and finding the remains of old farm equipment

NWMP

Nov 20, 2009
Riding a unicorn in the Saskatchewan mountains
Detector(s) used
Tejon, AT Pro, Simplex, Legend, and I still go home with a hand full of clad and junk some days.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just a four minute walk from the bridge. walked my dog along that ridge for yrs. local kids used it for partying and paint ball. might have to wonder up there and have a fresh look
I do remember walking the property where the field meets the treeline and finding the remains of old farm equipment

Yes it was just down from the field in the tree line. realize that this is a 40 year old memory. I used to shoot suckers and lampreys with a .22 when they were going up Bowmanville creek as a kid. Do yourself a favor. Set up Google Earth on your pooter and scan your local area. Look for old trails, shapes from old building foundations. Go to library and scan off old property maps to see were buildings were back in history. Look for old fair grounds, racetracks, one room school house locations, fur trade routes/posts, on and on, use your imagination, do the research, get land access permissions from the owner. Research, research, research, learn your machine, and you WILL fine marvelous treasures. Sorry if this is old hat to you, not talking down, just trying to help. I don't know your level of experience in the hobby. Good Luck.

Canadian_zuk

Tenderfoot
Sep 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know this is an old thread but I live Pickering and would like to meet people to hunt with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread