Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Charter Member
    us
    MINELAB XS-2 Pro ....... XTERRA 305 ....... EXPLORER SE PRO

Dec 2003
    S.W. Schuylkill County
    5398 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Quebec's Lost Treasure

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zzzzzzzzzzzzzze.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	70.8 KB 
ID:	117218  

Oct 2006

Re: Quebec's Lost Treasure

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    Thats a great find Thanks jeff I heard about that story a long time ago now you got me going back to history
    research
    Great post

ca
    Nov 2009
    White's MXT
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by jeff of pa
    Cool one. I'm originally from Montreal (now out in B.C.) That's worth following up. That treasure would be huge.

ca
    Oct 2009
    East Dirtyville
    468 times
    Banner Finds (1)

that's a reason to visit Quebec!

ya know the guys(and gals) do well in la belle provence, that would be a giant bonus!!

Quebec has so much history it would scare you, I'll give it a shot someday.
    ...if you think I'm a pain in the neck, it's lower, lower,little bit lower, too low, higher, there ya go.....

td
    Dec 2009

Quote Originally Posted by ironhorse
    that's a reason to visit Quebec!

ya know the guys(and gals) do well in la belle provence, that would be a giant bonus!!

Quebec has so much history it would scare you, I'll give it a shot someday.

Don't worry,if the cache was found,the provincial govt would step in and take it all!

ca
    Apr 2004
    Canada
    Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.

That's right, the government would take it away. There's also the issue of where this treasure could be buried now, would it be in a remote area, or somewhere where there are people?

On a related note, we should really do something about our treasure trove laws in Canada. It's not like we have that much freaking history for crying outloud. Look at Great Britain! They've got hordes of treasure scattered all around the countryside, but does their government get all snooty and grabby and come and take it all away once someone finds a treasure trove? Hell no, they reward them by letting them keep the loot.

Now what the hell do we have up here in Canada that's soooo important that the government needs to keep it for itself? The Holy Grail? The treasures from Solomon's Temple? No!!!

We mostly have Native American artifacts like arrows and tools, and at the most we have a few good stories of buried treasure. And if there is any actual treasure buried anywhere in our country, it's not like the archaeologists are going to devote all their time to the pursuit of something that may or may not be there because they have more solid leads to follow about other finds(native stuff again).

Seriously, what the hell?

Jul 2012
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    There's many people that are searching that silver...

Some think it is now in the bed of St-Charles river... Curves in a river could change dramaticaly the path and the water may have run over the cache... (Have you read "Treasure in a corn field" The story about a boat that sank in the middle of the mississipi river near Kansas City? They found the wreck boat 130 year later in a corn field about 800 feet from the river and about 30 feet depth in the mud...

Sponsors