Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzzzzze.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzze.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,512

marjo

Oct 10, 2006
Re: Quebec's Lost Treasure

jeff of pa said:

Thats a great find Thanks jeff I heard about that story a long time ago now you got me going back to history
research
Great post

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds

that's a reason to visit Quebec!

ya know the guys(and gals) do well in la belle provence, that would be a giant bonus!!

Quebec has so much history it would scare you, I'll give it a shot someday.

joecanadian

Tenderfoot
Dec 28, 2009

ironhorse said:
that's a reason to visit Quebec!

ya know the guys(and gals) do well in la belle provence, that would be a giant bonus!!

Quebec has so much history it would scare you, I'll give it a shot someday.

Don't worry,if the cache was found,the provincial govt would step in and take it all!

Prime

Apr 30, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI2500 with EagleEye.
Primary Interest:
Other

That's right, the government would take it away. There's also the issue of where this treasure could be buried now, would it be in a remote area, or somewhere where there are people?

On a related note, we should really do something about our treasure trove laws in Canada. It's not like we have that much freaking history for crying outloud. Look at Great Britain! They've got hordes of treasure scattered all around the countryside, but does their government get all snooty and grabby and come and take it all away once someone finds a treasure trove? Hell no, they reward them by letting them keep the loot.

Now what the hell do we have up here in Canada that's soooo important that the government needs to keep it for itself? The Holy Grail? The treasures from Solomon's Temple? No!!!

We mostly have Native American artifacts like arrows and tools, and at the most we have a few good stories of buried treasure. And if there is any actual treasure buried anywhere in our country, it's not like the archaeologists are going to devote all their time to the pursuit of something that may or may not be there because they have more solid leads to follow about other finds(native stuff again).

Seriously, what the hell?

Celluforce

Tenderfoot
Jul 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's many people that are searching that silver...

Some think it is now in the bed of St-Charles river... Curves in a river could change dramaticaly the path and the water may have run over the cache... (Have you read "Treasure in a corn field" The story about a boat that sank in the middle of the mississipi river near Kansas City? They found the wreck boat 130 year later in a corn field about 800 feet from the river and about 30 feet depth in the mud...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread