Richmond Hill Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Garrett AT PRO International.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Garrett Edge Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't wait anymore for better weather so I went to local park around 11 pm. It was super trashy park with lots of foils and bottle caps all over. Finally I got a really good steady signal and there it was a Silver bracelet in around 7". I look really old and it has mark with Italy and 925 about it. I found to penny and a toonie as well. It was really exciting and Loved every minute of it. Even cold weather -2 didn't stop me for couple of hours...

Attachments

• rsz_320140406_092139_resized.jpg
    rsz_320140406_092139_resized.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 161
  • rsz_120140406_090817_resized.jpg
    rsz_120140406_090817_resized.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 153

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG--Almost ready to go out for my 1st time. Going to check out a local clubs meeting 1st and see if I can get some advice.

OP
OP
TorontoDigger

TorontoDigger

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Richmond Hill Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Garrett Edge Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with your first hunt, looking forward to see your post with goodies...

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
F-75, Infinium LS, MXT, GoldBug2, TDI Pro, 1280X Aquanaut, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I couldn't wait anymore for better weather so I went to local park around 11 pm. It was super trashy park with lots of foils and bottle caps all over. Finally I got a really good steady signal and there it was a Silver bracelet in around 7". I look really old and it has mark with Italy and 925 about it. I found to penny and a toonie as well. It was really exciting and Loved every minute of it. Even cold weather -2 didn't stop me for couple of hours...

WTG Saeed, that is a fantastic find, especially so for first time out with a new unit. How did you set up your F75 for the hunt? Congratulations!!! :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

OP
OP
TorontoDigger

TorontoDigger

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Richmond Hill Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Garrett Edge Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jim, I was playing around since it was my first time so mostly my setup that worked the best was, All metal/motion, sens 85-95, disc 15, tone 2f, process DE. some of the target was really deep and I couldn't dig since the ground was still frozen in some parts. I'm very impressed how deep f75 can detect and very happy with my decision.

Cheers,
Saeed.

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jim, I was playing around since it was my first time so mostly my setup that worked the best was, All metal/motion, sens 85-95, disc 15, tone 2f, process DE. some of the target was really deep and I couldn't dig since the ground was still frozen in some parts. I'm very impressed how deep f75 can detect and very happy with my decision.

Cheers,
Saeed.

Yep... you'll find the F75 gets all the depth you're likely to ever want in our soils. Well-known as a powerful deepseeking detector, it will serve very well in a number of metal detecting applications. The F75 is pretty simple to operate and I'm pleased to see that you used good common sense settings.

Geez Saeed... you're getting me anxious to get out and do some detecting, I'd like to try this unit at some coin hunting soon as things dry up a bit... meanwhile good luck!!! :icon_thumleft:

Jim.

OP
OP
TorontoDigger

TorontoDigger

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Richmond Hill Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Garrett Edge Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim, I had a question about Ground Balancing:
for auto GB I read in manual that I have to just push the trigger forward and raise the coil and pump it fast toward the ground (which i've been doing this metod since I start). Yesterday I saw a video on Youtube about ground balancing and the person for GB pressed the Menu and the trigger both together to do the GB. Which one is correct?

Looking forward to meet you soon and do some fun hunt :)

Jim Hemmingway

Jan 26, 2008
Canada
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jim, I had a question about Ground Balancing:
for auto GB I read in manual that I have to just push the trigger forward and raise the coil and pump it fast toward the ground (which i've been doing this metod since I start). Yesterday I saw a video on Youtube about ground balancing and the person for GB pressed the Menu and the trigger both together to do the GB. Which one is correct?

Looking forward to meet you soon and do some fun hunt :)

Saeed... the manual is correct, that is how you do an auto (GB Grab) ground balance.

Ignore or only accept with a large grain of salt what you read and see on Y-Tube or forums. Some is good information, and some is not good information. Some "information" is intended to misrepresent detectors, or circumstances where such are used. Yes, there are people who do dishonest or misrepresentative things.

It takes experience to learn how to interpret what is said or shown in such locations. Generally if something doesn't seem to make sense, pay no attention to it.

Now, in this instance Saeed, it looks to me that he was adjusting his "frequency shift" feature and nothing more. That is giving the benefit of the doubt because he may actually be confused about how to do an auto GB.

Yep... if you don't mind an oldtimer bringing you to some good potential sites, I expect we get together within three or four weeks. I'd prefer things dry up first... maybe you'll be able to give me a few tips about coin hunting with this unit at such time.

Meanwhile... I know you are going out detecting... maybe its drier down your way... so be sure to post your finds in this sub-forum. I'm looking forward to seeing what surfaces from your detecting experiences. Good luck Saeed...

Jim.

OP
OP
TorontoDigger

TorontoDigger

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Richmond Hill Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Garrett Edge Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim,
Thanks for the tips and yes lets get together anytime is convenience for you. With busy at work these days all I had was night detecting at my local parks around richmond hill area, and so far just some modern coin and few other stuff which I will post it here. With rain and melting snow it's mess and you are right, we might be able to do some digging in few weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions