Pin pointers on a budget

OP
OP
R

redbull_warrior

Greenie
Mar 28, 2014
Minelab and others. Wondering if anyone out there had one or knows of a good starter pin pointer thanks

OP
OP
R

redbull_warrior

Greenie
Mar 28, 2014
Under $75. But if I have to spend more to get a good one I will. Don't want to buy one then have to get a better one later

Shunkaha

Apr 2, 2013
Helena, Montana
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705 Gold Pack, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
You might be able to find a good one on the classifieds here for that price. I've only used the garrett and haven't had any issues with mine. But I've seen them sell for that price range before on the classifieds.

Luv2fishcb

Feb 8, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I guess ill just keep my eye out

I bought a bounty hunter model at Bass Pro. I ended up returning it to get a Garrett. The difference is worth waiting for and saving money to get the Garrett. I am amazed at how much time and effort the Garrett saves me. The Bounty Hunter was almost useless for me.

Steve

TorontoDigger

Greenie
Mar 14, 2014
Richmond Hill Ontario
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75.
Garrett AT PRO International.
Garrett Pro Pointer.
Garrett Edge Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Save your money and get the Garrett, I looked for sometimes on Classified here and other website with no luck ... at the end I purchased one from dealer in toronto area. It worth every penny, it makes allot easier. I wish it was waterproof

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey redbull warrior!! Everyone will probably beat me up on this one, but Harbor Freight has one for 19.95 which suprisingly works quite well, but it's the old saying you get what you pay for!! Mine still works but I moved up to a Minelab pointer!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Minas man

Apr 5, 2014
Atlantic Canada
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Anfibio wireless headphones
Nokta Makro Pulse Dive & Pulse Dive 8 inch
Fisher Gold Bug Pro DP
NEL Hunter & 5 inch fish
Killer B's headphones
Tesoro Vaquero 5x10 DD wide scan Realistic No
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had my Tesoro Vaquero for a year before I bought the Garrett Pinpointer Pro. The pin pointer is a must have if you have a sensitive deep detector. That first year as a newbie I found myself getting frustrated on the deep or small signals and I would end up filling the holes and moving on. After I got the Garrett my finds went up along with the speed of recovery. In park settings I use it to for identifying shallow targets for screwdriver recovery vs digging a hole. The light is nice on the night hunts.
Was out last week and forgot it at home and I was lost with out it. 4 years with no problems.
Looking for a bargain you will be susceptible to the counterfeit pin-pointers so do your research to know the differences or buy from a dealer.
Counterfeiters copy the best so beware of the good makes.

Minas man

rickn1

Dec 14, 2011
Southern Saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go for the Garrett. You are 1/2 way there. $ 145.00 at Canadian Treasure Seekers

Yard Waste

Dec 16, 2013
Ontario
Detector(s) used
Makro Multi Kruzer, Garrett AT Pro International, Garrett Euro Ace.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
142.95 at Ackett Suppiles--but the kicker here is FREE shipping Canada wide!!! My Fav online place in Can because of that alone. I know you can get them a bit cheaper by a buck or two--but you more than make up for it because of the shipping.

BTW check out the Candian Metal Detecting web site, if you haven't joined it already. It's a great place that has much more CND content/info.

Last edited:

TheHappyCanadian

Sep 14, 2014
Vancouver
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Garrett AT Pro
Deteknix Xpointer
ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it gets a lot of hate for being manufactured in China, but lots of people including myself have had great results with the Deteknix X-Pointer. only drawback is that they only ship to the US, and after the exchange rate they cost me $102 CDN with free shipping. We have a summer cabin in Washington that we have packages shipped to.

it is comparable to the Garrett ProPointer, with the bonus of being able to manually set the sensitivity, select vibrate, vibrate/tone, or tone only. there are videos that compare different models of pinpointers and it's what sold me on them

X-Pointer Pinpointer - Colonial Metal Detectors

20141115_134620 (800x600).jpg 20141115_134600 (800x600).jpg
Mine (yellow) and my wife's (pink)

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it gets a lot of hate for being manufactured in China, but lots of people including myself have had great results with the Deteknix X-Pointer. only drawback is that they only ship to the US, and after the exchange rate they cost me $102 CDN with free shipping. We have a summer cabin in Washington that we have packages shipped to.

it is comparable to the Garrett ProPointer, with the bonus of being able to manually set the sensitivity, select vibrate, vibrate/tone, or tone only. there are videos that compare different models of pinpointers and it's what sold me on them

X-Pointer Pinpointer - Colonial Metal Detectors

View attachment 1081183 View attachment 1081184
Mine (yellow) and my wife's (pink)

Thanks for this- just ordered one!

BH101

Nov 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 4, Bounty Hunter VLF metal detector without headphone jack & a Winbest (land & Underwater) MD3080 Metal Detector from the Heartland America Catalog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The person on a $75.00 budget try look at bounty hunter metal detectors or fisher metal detectors through Kellyco or WalmartWalmart.

BH101

Nov 13, 2014
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 4, Bounty Hunter VLF metal detector without headphone jack & a Winbest (land & Underwater) MD3080 Metal Detector from the Heartland America Catalog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mean Walmart Stores in the USA ! Sorry about my 1st. Message to the person on a $75.00 budget.

revpo

Dec 3, 2004
SOUTHERN INDIANA
I have one of those from HARBOR FREIGHT, it works OK I cannot complain, save my pennies for a better one but for the price it is a starter.
REVPO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread