jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The herald. (Los Angeles [Calif.]), 08 March 1895.

00a.jpg
00b.jpg
00c.jpg

The herald. (Los Angeles [Calif.]) 1893-1900, March 08, 1895, Page 2, Image 2 « Chronicling America « Library of Congress

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting that a dream was behind the hunt, not the first time I've run across reports such as this.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually we found another treasure story for Canada, we set it aside for now, hopefully we can find enough of them. Not much coverage for Canada with books.

eoinl4529

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting that a dream was behind the hunt, not the first time I've run across reports such as this.

most stories of people finding gold buried in ireland start with a strange dream. Legends have it that many found a "crock of gold" and the person made off with it and sold it. Many other legends state that upon finding the gold a bull came to attack them before they could remove it from the ground. Other legends have it that a woman appeard and told them if they remove the gold bad luck would come to them. Most legends end with either the diggers dying from some unknown illness suddenly, or got attacked by a bull. Whatever happened most stories ended with bulls or women appearing.
I wonder is there many stories from canada and the us where people had similar dreams

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow people could search constantly if they believed my treasure dreams lol

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I ran across one about a dream, it was in a book, True Tales of Lacrosse. The book was made from old newspaper articles. The man was camped by the river and dreamed that there was a valuable pearl in the river. He woke and went into the water and hunted clams, he opened them and found a pearl he sold for $500. This was before 1900.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread