Dec 14, 2015
Strathcona County
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will have much better luck on Facebook. Try Manitoba Metal Detecting....

undersc0re

Nov 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to be in winnipeg, great detecting spots that way, grand beach and all the other ones on lake winnipeg, birds hill park, I never did get to the old dance hall area where a train would take people from winnipeg all the way up to lake winnipeg area back in the day, it has a short summer but a good one! I moved out to the okanagon in BC, much longer summers...and the dry arrid heat is much better! You probably need a jackhammer there right now to hunt eh.

Peeps

Apr 17, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Irish gold hound thought it would show my location? I’m in wpg

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Very cool peeps! I’m sure the snow hasn’t fully melted up by our northern beaches yet to get used to your 250. If you ever wanna hit up a beach or 2 this summer or park to meet up and hunt or need some pointers and tips give me a PM or write back here.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
What beaches or parks in Winnipeg do you like to hunt?..and what part of Winnipeg are you from?

knighthunter

Dec 21, 2009
Winnipeg Manitoba (Unicity)
I'm in Unicity, just off Portage Ave about 1 mile in from the west perimeter.Have heard it also called "Crestview". I'm still a newby to detecting and have only detected 2 rural mail box area's and 1 country community hall. Originally I lived in west central Manitoba and plan on returning this summer as I know the location of 1/2 dozen 1 room school houses from the early 1900's up to the early 1960's.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Oh wow! Very cool. I’ve always wanted to try some old-rural land areas or ghost towns. I’m mainly a beach hunter but would love to try a few older homestead places. Maybe we could plan a hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread