200 Year old Buried Rum, Muskets & Ammo, Cumberland House, The Pas, Manitoba, Canada.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
200 Year old Buried Rum, Muskets & Ammo, Cumberland House, The Pas, Manitoba, Canada.

The Washington herald. (Washington, D.C.), 13 July 1920.

000bbbb.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83045433/1920-07-13/ed-1/seq-3/#date1=1789&sort=&date2=1963&words=BURIED+Search&language=&sequence=0&lccn=&index=13&state=&rows=20&ortext=&proxtext=search+buried&year=&phrasetext=&andtext=&proxValue=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=33

000111.jpg

CaribooCam

May 27, 2015
The North West
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion
Garrett ATX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I grew up in the Fort a la corne district, up river from Cumberland. This story is told in our area with some minor differences from person to person. It was actually that story that inspired me to buy my first metal detector with hopes of finding the hooch! No hooch yet but it has led me too and helped me learn the true history of the west, and make some great finds too! Hopefully one day some 200+ year old whisky! GTLA

Last edited:

Eyeball

Oct 15, 2018
North Bay area
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT, sold.
Garrett Ace 250.
Minelab Excal II.
Playing with a Garrett XL-500, it got wet.
Minelab Nox-600.
Garrett pinpointer Pro, Garrett Carrot.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in the Fort a la corne district, up river from Cumberland. This story is told in our area with some minor differences from person to person. It was actually that story that inspired me to buy my first metal detector with hopes of finding the hooch! No hooch yet but it has led me too and helped me learn the true history of the west, and make some great finds too! Hopefully one day some 200+ year old whisky! GTLA

Rum brother..Rum.
If the story is correct and the Rum and the rest of the cache were buried, then the Rum will be no more as the original contents will likely have gone to the "Angel's share" and the casks will have rotted by now due to the variable climate there. Prospects of anything left intact are slim imho.
No wonder the Angels sing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread