Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Evening public ledger. (Philadelphia [Pa.]), 16 Sept. 1914

000aaa.jpg

000bbb.jpg

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/...ext=&andtext=&dateFilterType=yearRange&page=1

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for posting Jeff! Actually in a backhanded way resolved a mystery for me. Last year sometime I dug a WWI army button in my upper yard and couldn't figure out how it got here. When I saw this picture, I remembered that my grandmother's older sister's husband served in WWI and was gassed. He survived on lifetime disability, and he was one nasty individual - never liked him.

But he must have been the source of the button.

Mon Aug 20 15-04-02.jpg

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for posting Jeff! Actually in a backhanded way resolved a mystery for me. Last year sometime I dug a WWI army button in my upper yard and couldn't figure out how it got here. When I saw this picture, I remembered that my grandmother's older sister's husband served in WWI and was gassed. He survived on lifetime disability, and he was one nasty individual - never liked him.

But he must have been the source of the button.

View attachment 1699095

Cool & Interesting !

I Believe I Actually Dug an Identical Button in the Woods behind my House,
in back of the Spring.
Back about 15 Years ago Same color Tone Even

If my close to entire Collection of small finds were not at my nephews ,
I'd pull it out and photograph it.
but by the time I get over there (27th.) I'll probably forget :(

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Back in 1958, Mom opened a bakery shop in town here, was very popular - until that uncle came out of the toilet, did not wash his hands, and grabbed donuts out of the case with his bare hands and sold to a customer. Word got around and Mom's shop lost ALL business, and lost her shop.

The dude was an arsehole - must have been that gas he breathed. I also remember he was a nose picker in public....

So, I guess now I have his button?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread