MY 1976 Custom Chevy Van......Memories!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to have my '76 Chevy Van back... :'( Sold it to pay off an IRS audit..... :BangHead:

Minot North Dakota 1978
1976ShortBedChevyVanMinotND1978.jpg

Minot North Dakota 1978
1976ChevyVanMinotND19781.jpg

Tampa Florida 1977
1976ShortBedChevyVanTampaFl1977.jpg

I sold it in 1980 to pay taxes on a IRS audit. I also had a 1978 full size custom Chevy van at the time and the ex said "you don't need 2 custom vans sell it to pay the taxes".......Should have told her no........ I was single when I built it in 1976, and got married 3 years after.....

I had a friend build a wall that I then Z-Bricked in on both sides where the sliding door ended, and behind it was a button tuck 4' mattress cover in sheep skins. The wall was a hex arch made from pine and then burn and carved and covered in urethane.

The dash board and all walls were covered in red western ceder, trimmed in hemp rope, had an overhead "T" console for all the stereo, CB and switches for all the lights and electronics that was also built out of red western cedar. It had a 3 on the floor shifter and 14 speakers built in......Also had a propane heater for partying in the winter.....

My handle on the CB was "Bad Company" which was also the name of the van.........

I also had a 1955 Chevy 2 door post that I showed at car shows......I will post pictures when I find them..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread