All Right Lets Settle This Once And For All

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
2005 Dodge Ram w/5.7Hemi and 18k mi.They all step aside when I take the street.Has a Vertical billet grille,upper and lower,not a horizontal like every other truck has,a Magnum CB w/twin antennas that will reach out 50mi,a 3000 watt inverter under the back seat for whatever I want to plug in.The rest I can't tell you or I would have to kill you.I can say it has cool running boards and a LED lightstrip across the back.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For American makes? None of 'em. LOL. But I defer my answer to Kinafoundabuckle. He's been a mechanic for 15 years or more. I think he should reply on this thread and tell us which brands end up in the shop the most.

-Buckleboy

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Tesoro, Whites DFX, Nokta Impact Pro, Ace 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
For American makes? None of 'em. LOL. But I defer my answer to Kinafoundabuckle. He's been a mechanic for 15 years or more. I think he should reply on this thread and tell us which brands end up in the shop the most.

-Buckleboy
well i worked for checvy actualy GMC DSU peterbuilt and i know chevys are junk when it comes to the body
engines are pretty good though.
cant say anything possitive about there paint jobs that they wont stand behind 1 year after they buy it and it starts pealing off. im sure you have all seen that.

as for asking a mechanic it wouldnt be the answer we need because some cars sell more than others.
like ford sells more trucks than chevy. so there would be more fords in the shop.
they all need work at some point its a matter of wich ones need the work more and i think we all know its chevy.

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
It's been Chevy all the way for me. But if prices keep going I'm afraid I'll be looking for a 4cyl. diesel, and Detroit hasn't been interested in building those.

My son drove up in a new Ford they gave him for work, it's one of those with the headlights below turn signals. Looks like they ran out of ideas and turned the grille upside down, or it kinda looks like it has a snowplow.

Check out this odometer, the owner says it's had the regular oil changes and two fuel pumps.

Attachments

• chevydash.jpg
    chevydash.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 983
OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
I'd rather push a Ford out of the way so I can drive my Chevy.

imafishingnutt, those bad Chevy paintjobs were back in the 1980s. You should really step into the 21st century. I live near the coast and the paint on my 2004 Chevy Trailblazer is perfect - except for the big scratch I put in it myself with the end of my digging tool...sobbing uncontrollably.. sniff, sniff.
Then how come we have city vehicles that are 200+ models and the paint if pealing off them......lol
Junk i tell you Junk
sell the trailblazer befor its too late. lol

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top 3 choices are Ford, Ford and Ford.

4 Ford Ranger 4 x 4's - all over 200,000 miles and still going strong (one just shy of 300,000) 2 Ford F-150, 1 Ford F150 with the lower geared rear and 3/4 ton (old ambulance). 1 Ford 250, 1 Chevy 1500 - POC.

Right at this moment - we STILL have our 1989 Ford F-150 (the one that was built for an ambulance), I have no clue how many miles are on it, because it doesn't have the set up for 6 numbers (it was made as a basic, no frills vehicle), but has at least more than my van, which as 201,000 miles, and a Ford CF-800 - 7.3 Diesel - for the BIG stuff.

B

levis_dad

Jun 3, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Detector(s) used
BH Landstar
I agree with Borninok...Toyota may not be an American company, but they are built right here in the U. S. of A. By far the superior truck. every aspect of the Toyota pick-up is better than any other truck on the road ( or off-road for that matter)

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Just because I found it...

Motor Trend Truck of the year history:

2008 Toyota Tundra
2007 Chevrolet Silverado
2006 Honda Ridgeline
2005 Toyota Tacoma
2004 Ford F-150
2003 Dodge Ram Heavy Duty
2002 Chevrolet Avalanche
2001 Chevrolet Silverado Heavy Duty
2000 Toyota Tundra
1999 Chevrolet Silverado
1998 Mercedes-Benz M-Class
1997 Ford F-150
1996 Chevrolet Tahoe
1995 Chevrolet Blazer
1994 Dodge Ram
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1992 Ford Van Chateau Club Wagon
1991 Mazda Navajo
1990 Ford Aerostar
1989 Toyota Truck Xtracab SR5
1980-1988 No award
1979 Chevrolet LUV

05Duramax

Jan 6, 2008
ALASKA
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 LTD, Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag (camo), GARRETT PRO POINTER
GM man had chevys most my life now it was time to step up to professional grade GMC. Two trucks left Alaska in mid November a Dodge and a GMC from Anchorage to Las Vegas only one survived now the wife drives a Saturn.

Later D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I have a 02 chev silverado, vortec 5300 Z71 offroad, it has 199,000 miles on it, I average 34,000 miles per year.
It pulls a trailer with about 3500 lbs in it 95 % of the time.
I've replaced the fuel pump once (184,500) rebuilt the trans. and transfer case (191,200), and the serpentine belt once,
I think the numbers speak for themselves.

Although Ford did include a new option on the 2008 trucks HEATED TAILGATES, that way your fingers don't get cold when you push it to the side of the road LMAO

DON'T YOU BUY NO UGLY TRUCK
CHEVY, LIKE A ROCK
BA BA BA BAD, BAD TO THE BONE

OP
OP
imafishingnutt

imafishingnutt

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2007
Superior Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE BUMBER STIKER ON MY FORD SAYS

ROCK CRUSHER.
AND THE NAME FITS

emtrescue

Dec 26, 2007
Church Hill, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Why do I feel like I'm the only one that Prefers and Drives the Dodge Diesel W the Cummins Engine????????

2002 w 160,000 miles and not had to do squat to it. (except change the oil when I remember to)

We have used the Fords where I work for EMS/Rescue with the powerstroke diesels and that is what Pushed me to the Dodges. We kept blowing Turbos, and had a bunch of problems with them. If you want a vehicle tested, let EMS services do it. It will be put through the ringers, I promise.

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I see one vote for International, I'll second that one....

I had a IH Scout Terra, pretty rare and hard to find parts for. Good thing it didn't break down! Thing was a tank, solid as a rock. Went out running through the desert one time and went into a wash nose first, instant drip of about 10 feet. I heard something snap! and I limped on home down the freeway. When I got to looking the next morning, I had broke some sort of swing arm on the front suspension and still made it home. :)

Chevy's "Like a Rock" slogan should really go to IH!

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
ford still says they are the number 1 sold truck. wrong, according to the official numbers as reported by NBC, GM sold more trucks than anybody else, last year. the only reason ford sold more before them, was because ford gave deep discounts to state, local, and schools that bought their trucks.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• Chevy.jpg
    Chevy.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 829

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions