Misc pottery

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.

Attachments

• Another flute.jpg
    Another flute.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 374
  • erotic flute 2.jpg
    erotic flute 2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 386
  • CR Tripot.jpg
    CR Tripot.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 370
  • Round flute.jpg
    Round flute.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 373

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Yes, I know this has been over 120 days.

Is it acceptable to tell us which Central American country this pottery was found? If not, please forgive the intrusive question.

OP
OP
Richard Ray

Richard Ray

Feb 20, 2011
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Many brands, Magnetometer, GPR, Side Scan, etc.
Piegrande:
No problem, most were recovered just north of the border of Panama, in Costa Rica, mostly in land that at one time had been within the Boruca tribe territory. The multi colored item was found farther north.. We also recovered a number of items in Panama, but the museum kept everything....
Richard Ray

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Okay, thanks. That is nice stuff. I do understand museums are that way. ::)

Even if you didn't get it in the end, I bet it gave you a thrill to find it.

I thought here in Mexico the government took everything. A cousin said, and I am not sure he is right, if we did ever find any gold, it would be in jewel form, the Aztecs never had ingots. And, therefore the government might take it all, but he believes they have to pay the owner for the half which is rightfully his property. I think antiquities are different. Who knows? I don't spend much time investigating because the odds we will ever find anything are so small.

I think it's like winning a big lottery. Very small chance of finding anything of great value, but we like to joke about it.

Sep 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Anyone intererested in shallow water relic hunting is welcome to join us here in Northern Belize. I understand the antiquity laws apply.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread