YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I believe when he says he lives in CA he means Central America, not California. It's a big world out there guys.

If, in fact, he did mean Central America, then it changes things immensely. They are of a different style than anything I've seen in the tourist shops and museums here in Honduras. This appears to be made of clay, as are some here though many are stone, however this one is much more primitive in style. If they were indeed found in Central America, they could be very old, pre-Maya, or of an obscure culture and certainly worth looking into.

If found in California, my guess is northern Mexico, Yaqui, Yuma or another southern Colorado tribe. Or it could be just someone thirty years ago making clay dolls for the kids and the tourists. Just my thoughts, which don't mean a lot. :dontknow:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or it could be real…..history as it is told to us is not accurate and many times, intended to mislead us…..
Secondly, what we know as history changes as new discoveries happen…..could this be one????? I have no idea and defer to an expert……
What was menitoned above about cheap "artifacts" made in all the central and south american countries is something to be aware of…..

Please keep us updated as to the results on this..

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Determining authenticity is the key here. :thumbsup: If they are real they could be priceless, however I think people are right. :dontknow: Just replica's. :icon_scratch: You should take them somewhere like a museum, antique art dealer or a collage historical department. 8-) I imagine someone planted them for a hoax though. :BangHead:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

mrsljwalker

Jul 20, 2013
I am not one to rush to judgement. I have been through the Castaic region, and it is not far from a place called Pyramid Lake. The landscapes in the area inspire the creative mind for sure. Who knows what kind of societies have popped up there, wether ancient or modern, which might want to create odd totems or artwork. The image looks very creepy, like some kind of witchcraft voodoo thing. If it was my property, I would probably be in the yard sifting dirt right now. You have a mystery on your hands in any case!

mrsljwalker

Jul 20, 2013
I always forget to check the date when I'm surfing around. I guess he must have been offended by the challenges to his post. Too bad.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread