Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They have torn down stone mounds for Wal-marts in Alabama. They leveled many many mounds here for roads and business.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They cut rite through the middle of mounds here in GA for roads and then put up no trespassing signs so nobody can look for artifacts.

Edward1976

Jul 9, 2013
USA for now.
Detector(s) used
DFX300, XLT, Laser
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is now the US had some very interesting cultures in it long ago. I've always been interested in the First Europeans theory, about how Europeans came here thousands of years ago. It really happened!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I posted a link a good while back about Wal-mart building multiple super centers on known graves. I guess it's cheap land. Private land owners can't do anything with the land because its protected. Well.... It's protected until the price is right. If its in the right location, wal-mart can buy the land cheap, pay the state and come out smelling like a rose. In one of the super centers they even display a few artifacts that were found during construction. That ain't cool. The landfill in my area is about to ruin a marked quarry. Protest to stop the landfill company did not even make the paper in my small one horse town. The quarry may be destroyed by now, I'm not sure.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is happening all the time. In America we are always building on burial grounds and have torn down many many mounds in my area. It is the norm and very sad.

So true.
But pick up an arrowhead and you better watch your back.
Many of the roads in my area are paved over material bulldozed from shell Middens and used as road beds.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a story today from a person at work. He said there was once a huge stone carving of a Eagle around here carved by the Indians and the state took it to make a road with it. Broke it all up and then used it for road material.

There are a few bird effigy mounds in Georgia.. they weren't carved.
This one is called Rock Eagle Mound In Putnam County Georgia.
More than likely the work of The southeastern death cult and a vulture.

tumblr_ms0jxdSwZK1rui49ao1_500.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread